z

Young Writers Society

Story Ideas! (Opinions?)

Reviews: 4
Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:58 pm
Nommie says...

Hey there! I'm Nommie.
Feel free to call me Noms though <3

First up, I'd just like to mention that I have an 'anime/manga' mind-set when it comes to stories. So if something seems cartoony, that's the point. lol

=========
Anyway! I have some story ideas here I'd like opinions on.
Eventually I'll write them both, just not sure which would be better to work on.
=========

Parade of Shadows
Fantasy/Psychological Horror + Minor Romance
(I can't help putting romance into all my stories.
I'm such a dweeble. lol

In the city of Anxen, an elusive clan keeps watch and aids in governing the city, protecting it's people from a devastating disease triggered by a series of typical emotions. While the issue has been kept under control for nearly two decades, one sole person has managed to slip past their radar..and their power could prove to be far too extreme for the clan to even handle.

To sum it up in my own normal pg-13 sarcastic tone, it's a story where depression and emotions manifest into dark, unrelenting abilities to those who are really out of their mind. I love it; I'd be pouring my entire craziness into it.

=========

Don't have a title for this one yet, it's actually from an old roleplay I started years ago. A Fantasy/Romance + Action/Drama (minor horror elements to it)

Story revolves around two supernatural beings. A mute vampire that had been once human, and an injured fallen angel that used to be.. well, an angel. Horrible things had happened to the both of them to get them where they are now, they meet by chance and eventually find solace in each other's company.

Though, there's always ups and downs and this story would be no exception. The vampire struggles with his gruesome past, even more difficult when he's unable to speak. While the fallen angel is trying to escape her past - in the form of a psychotic, jealous ex boyfriend that wants her dead. You can't make much sense from a guy who's insane! xD

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:09 am
Kale says...

I would say work on the one you love best. You'll be more likely to put your best work into it and have the most fun writing it.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:40 am
Angrynoodles says...

I think the first one sounds more interesting, but I also like the second. You should start with the one you like more. I don't think writing two books at once would allow you do put forth your best effort. Are you making them into actual novels or are you posting them on here?

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:34 pm
Kale says...

Posting them on here wouldn't make them not be actual novels. Depending on the publisher, so long as you retain all the rights to your work (which you do on YWS), posting it up on a website does not count as a first publication, especially if you remove the content from the website before submitting.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Perfection is lots of little things done well.
— Marco Pierre White