z

Young Writers Society

What Do You Think Is Your Worst Quality?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:07 am
TheStormAroundMe says...

For the novel I am writing, Basecode, I need to know the qualities that people most often see and despise in themselves. For example, insensitivity or pride.

If you guys could respond with which quality in yourself you think is the worst, I would be much obliged! If you have extra time, I'd love it if you could list your best quality too.

Thank You!
-Grace :smt001
“La giraffa ha il cuore lontano dai pensieri. Si è innamorata ieri, e ancora non lo sa.” - Stefano Benni

TheStormAroundMe

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:12 am
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

The one quality that I will always hate is my: loudness. People generally hate loud people, and repel against them (at least in my personal experience-where I hear phrases like "shut up" on a daily basis.) why i can't be more quieter? :(

My best quality-that would probably have to be caring. I care far too deeply about everything and everyone, small things and big things.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:19 am
deleted21 says...

The quality of which I'm not exactly proud of should be: I'm an extreme sociopath and I have social phobia. My mum often says I'm unsmart and I should act more properly and sometimes I want to too but I just can not.. Secretly I'm proud of this too!

My best (no, not really) quality I guess is: truthfulness. I don't generally lie and I'm proud of myself for that! :)

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:25 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Best Quality: my dedication
Worst Quality: my tendency to be dramatic
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:12 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

My best and worst quality is that I care deeply about quite a lot. It's good when I care enough to change things that are wrong, or make someone have a good day, but it's bad when I get very attached to someone/ something that ends up hurting me.
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:14 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

My worst quality: I think that would be my tendency to keep my emotions bottled up... When I finally let them out... it's an explosion and people get hurt and then more emotions and yikes...

My best quality: I am the most compassionate person. No joke. I don't know if it's because I'm a teenager, but I feel so deeply for everyone and everything which sort of contributes to the above worst quality
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:39 pm
backroadstraveler says...

My worst: I do not ask for help. I keep my feelings to myself, and if something goes wrong in my life I withdraw from others (and hate myself for being stupid enough to do that). I think it's both a mix of pride and fear.

My best: dependable. It doesn't matter if it's a work or in school or with friends. I am there for those who need me and can be counted on.
Eggs are scrambled, eyes are addled, and brains should never be eaten

-The Lady Peg

325 Reviews

Reviews: 325
Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:09 am
tigeraye says...

worst: my overwhelming social anxiety

best: my high level of compassion for others
dot

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:48 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

worst: awkward, hate social situations, anxiety, etc etc

best: i like to believe i'm very caring and loyal
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:40 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

Worst: Inability to stay serious in serious situations

Best: Uuummm, my ability to easy forgive people?
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:52 pm
Dreamy says...

Worst: I'm never punctual. People have given me separate timings, y'now, so I won't be late.

Best: I listen.
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:59 pm
Steggy says...

Worst: Remembering things. I can remember the little things, but birthdays or my combination for my locker.

Best: Helping others or working with others.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:27 pm
Songmorning says...

My worst quality is probably social anxiety too--just not being able to say aloud the things that I want to say. An overwhelming fear of "bothering" people...even when I know intellectually that they won't mind being bothered at all.

My best quality is my sensitivity to what other people are feeling. I have a lot of empathy, and it's very easy for me to see things from other people's perspectives.
"...is there a being in the whole world who would have the right to forgive and could forgive? But there is a Being and He can forgive everything, all and for all, because He gave His innocent blood for all and everything." ~Dostoyevsky

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:13 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

My worst quality is my lack of trust. You could just say "Hello" to me, and I'd ponder for hours whether it was a hidden joke or verbal barb. I tend to think people pity me more than they appreciate my work, and that just angers me. So much so that I respond coldly to excessive compliments. I don't need to be protected, so I don't want to be.

My best quality is my vigilance. I also apply this principle to myself. I'm never quite good enough in my own eyes, and that drives me to improve. Every mistake I make is improved upon eventually. I suppose it's not exactly my best quality; it's more of my most important.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:28 pm
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

My worst quality is either my indecisiveness or my inability to really connect to very many people. I've kind of had some crappy things happen in my life, so I'm very slow to trust. I'm scared of being vulnerable to anyone, even if(despite it being contradictory) it's honesty one of the things I want the most in the world. But once you're in my heart you stay there and can't do wrong. Unless you suck and do something absolutely horrible haha. But considering I can't choose between the two, maybe it's actually the indecisive thing. I can't even choose what I want to eat for dinner, much less make a life changing decision. It drives everyone crazy.

My best quality I guess is that I'm very passionate and caring. Everyone always tells me how they love that I genuinely care about even the insignificant details of their lives. I spend each day just trying to soak up everything life has to offer. My emotions always seem too strong. It's great when I'm happy, not so much when I'm sad. But I attempt to approach each day with a positive attitude. Hopefully someone else can feed off of that positive energy too. ^_^
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

I'm also not sure why but even though I normally wear cool tones I have a feeling red would have been my color in the 1860s.
— Elinor