z

Young Writers Society

Famous brothers you can think of?(Making a list)

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:36 am
Blackwood says...

Yo guys,
I'm trying to put together a list of famous brother conflicts in both fiction and real life history(especially). It's an important theme in something I'm writing and I want to get the largest list possible for a wide variety of examples and references.

Can you think of any famous examples of brothers in conflict? Betrayal, murder, war, arguments, silent divisions, or quarrels. Any Examples where brothers had a disagreement or fight or any form of conflict that is well known and famous.

I'm looking for anything in history as well as in fiction. (I would like some solid real life examples from history as well as fiction)

For example
"Mufasa and Scar from Lion King" (But I am looking for more serious/not children's options, but if you have a fun one then why the heck not?)

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Blackwood on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:57 am
Storygirl95 says...

Cain and Abel.
Romulus and Remus.
Rudolf Dassler and, Adolf "Adi" Dassler. (Real life people)

Unmmm if I'm getting into fictional shows, not to sound like a stereotypical girl, but Stefan and Damon from The Vampire Diaries as well as the Originals family all have brother conflicts.

Fictionally Claudius and Hamlet's father if we're talking murder.

Tom Fogerty and John Fogerty from the band CCR (also real people)

That's all I can think of for now. I might come back later. Hope this helps! ^_^
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:01 am
micamouth says...

Do we have the Chuckle Brothers?
formerly Sagitta

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:53 am
Blackwood says...

Sagitta wrote:Do we have the Chuckle Brothers?

I googled that and the picture, I'm not sure what to say...XD
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:03 am
EmmVeePi says...

Norman and Paul Mclean(A River Run Through It)
Bobby Grusinsky and Joe Grusinsky(We Own the Night)
Geirrod and Agnar sons of King Hrauding(Ancient Norse mythology)

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:08 am
View Likes
Pompadour says...

The Wright Brothers and the Wrong Brothers.

1] From Mughal history (the Mughals were a series of rulers who hailed from Mongolia, starting out with Babur as the first emperor), there were quite a lot of family feuds--but if you're looking for brother-related feuds and stuff, Aurangzeb and his three brothers (Dara, Shuja, and Murad) snapped at each others' necks for the throne. Dara and Shuja were both defeated in battle by Aurangzeb; Murad was taken prisoner. Aurangzeb ascended the throne. Dara was eventually executed for starting an uprising against him, and his head was sent to his father--you get the picture.

2] James and Alexander Campbell (on opposite sides during the American Civil War).

3] Edgar and Edmund in King Lear. (Edmund is Edgar's half-brother but I think it still counts?)
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy