z

Young Writers Society

Mentor/Helper Needed!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:41 pm
View Likes
wridingislife says...

Hi I'm Freya! I am fifteen years old and am currently writing a YA fantasy/sci fi novel. I've been having some doubts and concerns about the plot and general tone of the storyline. I would like somebody my age to give me their opinion and maybe help me out with it. Just PM me! Thanks so much!!
I am so clever sometimes that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.
~Oscar Wilde

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:25 pm
Pretzelstick says...

I would be glad to help you if you would like it. Feel free to Pm me personally with your plot or novel or information. If you have any questions, I would be very glad to help you out!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

12 Reviews

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:19 pm
wridingislife says...

Thank you so much! I'll PM you as soon as I can.
I am so clever sometimes that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.
~Oscar Wilde

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:23 am
Rosendorn says...

Or you can post it here— the whole point of Writers Corner is to get feedback on your plot and ideas.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

12 Reviews

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:46 pm
wridingislife says...

I guess I could do that.
~Oscar Wilde

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:55 pm
Rosendorn says...

You'll get much more feedback and potentially drum up interest for the actual story, at least!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:12 am
cpedro says...

Hello! I'm new around here and I saw your forum and decided to join. I'm currently starting a new young adult novel and I would like to have some feedback and criticism to know if it has potencial or not. I'll be posting the synopsis here and if you wish to read the first chapter please do ask.
Thank you in advanced for creating this forum and I do hope more people join in! :)

So my novel is called Birthmarked and here is the synopsis:

In a world not so different from ours, every human being is born with a birthmark across their heart that ditcates their future and what they are meant to be. Law enforced by The Arcanum states that all measures should be taken, by any means necessary, in order to fulfill or prevent that future.

With no possible escape from one's destiny, the citizens submit to the rules with no questions, afraid of what might fall upon them if they dare confront The Arcanum.

Among these citizens we have Caroline, a sixteen year old girl born with the most terrible birthmark one could possible have, the birthmark of a murderer. Caroline is sent to Phoenix, a specialized prison meant for people like her, to keep them locked away from becoming whom they are predicted to become. With no hopes of ever leaving this place, will Caroline succumb to the law and a life of misery or will she chande her destiny?

12 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:44 pm
wridingislife says...

Hi cpedro. Your synopsis is amazing and I would totally read it but this forum was so I could find somebody to take a look at my story. :) I'm glad you posted though, because it is a very interesting idea and I'd love to hear more.
~Oscar Wilde

63 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 pm
cpedro says...

Oh god! I'am sorry wridingislife, I totally had it wrong, I tought this was an open thread to everyone, meaning anyone could ask for reviews. Then please ignore my post but if you don't mind I could also review your story, I might not help much since I new here but as feedback I can surely back it up :D

12 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:22 pm
wridingislife says...

It's no problem!

My story goes a little like this:

Zaila Walsh's grandfather left her with an old family heirloom, seven golden watches, and one last command; "Don't take off the watches." Now Zaila's the Time Keeper and her heirloom can transport her to different worlds in the vast universe. One of these worlds is Rotundra.
On Rotundra, Zaila makes friends and enemies. In a journey to end the war she caused, can Zaila solve the mysteries of this world and keep her new found friends safe from the trolls, fairies, and Wolves?

I think I might have solved my minor plot hole in the beginning. I've posted the first two chapters called Heartlines if you want to check them out. I'd love to hear your feedback! :D
~Oscar Wilde

63 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:45 pm
cpedro says...

Sounds pretty interesting, mixing time travel with high fantasy creatures is a straight line for real fun. I'll definitly be reading your story! :D

12 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:50 pm
View Likes
wridingislife says...

Thanks so much! :)
~Oscar Wilde

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind