z

Young Writers Society

Writer's frustration

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:47 am
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

Oh my gosh, guys. You have no idea how much I want to smash a chair or something. This short story I'm currently writing is killing me. Part of me just wants to give up, print it out so far, and sacrifice it to some obscure fire god. I probably won't, because a bigger part of me thinks it could be really great if it would just stop being so stubborn. But let me tell you, the option for sacrifice is still open.

Just . . . why?
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

42 Reviews

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:45 am
Storygirl95 says...

Okay, so I'm really glad I didn't sacrifice it. In fact, it's turning into one of my favorite things I've ever written.

So, fine. Hard work, perseverance, yada yada. Always keeep writing, yeah I know. :P
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:35 pm
Prokaryote says...

What a rollercoaster!

42 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:02 am
Storygirl95 says...

@Prokaryote
You have no idea. Actually, now I'm leaning more towards sacrificing it again.
Hahaha, I'm just kidding. I'm pretty frustrated, but I'm in too deep to stop now.
With around 7,500 words, it doesn't show signs of stopping. Too bad my writing does haha.
I don't get how I can write 3,000 words in maybe six hours and then can't even write 300 some days.
I love this project, but it causes me quite a bit of agony too.
Hopefully that means it's a good story?
I don't know anymore.

Reviews: 1
Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:31 am
Phantom903 says...

I completely understand your situation. Haha. I go through this EVERYDAY. I feel the need to write, and then I just feel derp when I do it. The most I can concentrate on writing is at night. Know what happens? I spill out all the good ones when I wake up at morning and the first thing I do is sit on my chair and start typing. It's so weird.

But at the end of day, yes! Do not give up!

Now, how do I write the second chapter of my story...

42 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:47 pm
Storygirl95 says...

Haha, I feel you.

It makes it even worse because this is the first novel/novella/whatever it is that's not a short story in the romance genre. I'm even relatively new to romance writing in general. I think the first idea came to me in August. I'd never written anything with even a hint of romance in it before then. So I have some frustrations, but it's also exciting.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:29 am
ShadowPrincess16 says...

I totally know how you feel. My novel is like that. Some days I can write like 4,000 words and others I struggle to write even a hundred words. It's obnoxiously frustrating and sometimes I just want to give up. But I love the project so I keep going. :) Good luck!
“wanting what you could not have led to misery and madness”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

42 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:17 am
Storygirl95 says...

Yeah, I feel you. It's a struggle sometimes haha.
But the novel(that's right, it's a novel now :D) is almost done! I'm so excited. :)
Thank you for your wishes. ^_^
Last edited by Storygirl95 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:32 am
Lightsong says...

My main frustratiom as a writer is getting the story done. Like, omigosh. x.x
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

42 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:46 am
Storygirl95 says...

My biggest problems for this one were balancing out the characters so nobody was too sassy or soft, and then connecting everything. There's a line where the guy comes to the girl's house and her male best friend is there. She's worried the guy will get jealous so she shoves her friend in the closet and when he accidentally falls out and makes a noise, she tells the guy that was just her cat. But then when he comes to her house again I had to put in something about him asking where her cat was. It's the little plot holes I have to tie up that drive me crazy.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:46 am
Lightsong says...

The cat dies. End of story. :p Honestly, it's a small plot hole to cover.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

42 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:19 am
Storygirl95 says...

He came over and she tried to say that but he knew her a little too well at that point so he knew she was lying. It led to a funny and cute moment where she had to tell him though. It worked out.
I didn't address the cat thing until I was sure the guy wouldn't be jealous anymore. That's funny you had the same thought. :P

GET ON IT PEEPS
— Nate