Young Writers Society

WANTED: Editor/Mentor Person

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:12 am
View Likes
elysian says...

Hello!

I'm honestly not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I am in desperate need of someone to bounce ideas off of, help me grow with my writing, and just overall advise me through the journey of writing my novel. Not neccissarily an Editor that goes through every single word to make sure I spelled everything correctly (at least not yet), just someone that would be familiar with my novel and ready to give advice and help me throughout the process!

Requirements:

Spoiler! :
basically just make sure you are familiar with google docs and you have to read through my novel as I go along, and be ready to help me with my questions and offer encouragement.

Novel Overview:
just so you know if you'll enjoy my novel or not...

Spoiler! :
North Korea has overthrown the American Government, they have invaded and claimed the seats in the White House and so on. It's a dictatorship, but they pose as a Republic. They call themselves the Korean Republic. Garrett works for these people, specifically Jae. They’ve kind of brainwashed America, trying to erase memory of America in general. Obviously it’s not a republic, but it’s to throw off the people. They make America think that they’re choosing their representative, but elections are rigged and the President doesn't really listen to them.

I’m thinking that there’s few families that live in “The Korean Republic” (TKR) that still remember what it used to be, who have saved diaries, history books, or just books in general about America and it's history. I’m thinking that Garrett’s love interest (Audrey) is close to her grandmother, who remember’s what America used to be, and has some books hidden to read to her (Fairy Tales and a few old diaries). So this girl has fallen in love with books, and doesn’t understand why they’re burning them, erasing them from people’s memories. So, they fall in love, and Garrett realizes her love for books.This obviously created some friction, and even more friction when she finds out his line of work. She didn’t understand how he could burn such beautiful memories and words. This puts on lot of stress on Garrett to decide between what he's always done and love, which is hard for someone who is devoted to what he thinks is right.

I haven’t decided if they stay together in the end or if they split, but once I do figure it out, I will wait to write it at the end, so I don’t spoil too much for people helping me edit ;-)

So there it is! I need to know ASAP if anyone is interested, and I would like for whoever helps to have experience with writing a novel.

PLEASE CONSIDER <3 I understand if you get busy every once in a while, I do to!

PM me if you're interested, ask questions below~
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

Reviews: 0
Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:11 pm
mirensdiary says...

I would love to help!

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:55 pm
elysian says...

the spot has been filled! Thank you to everyone that has offered :-)
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

When Larry King retires in 120 years John Mulaney should replace him.
— The Internet