z

Young Writers Society

My NaNo project. I need some help. :|

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:54 pm
ChiravianSkies says...

I completely forgot about NaNoWrimo. First I was thinking of two ideas. Then I realized all the ideas I could possibly have. So I typed it into a scriv doc. Here's what the ideas list looked like:
Spoiler! :
Frozenmoon is the first suggestion from my sis.

Storm Masters seems like a good idea but tbh I’ve been attempting it since sept *LAST YEAR* and haven’t had any progress.

Maybe a collab, but that seems like a really cheap NaNo.

Ascella would make a cool novel, but it’s intended to be animated.

Homofauna. Seriously needs a new name but never mind.

Hm. Maybe I should do Stone Cold Hands?

Silver Note?

Maybe I should work around with that new time-travelly lady I got. She’s cool.

Speaking of time Travel? Memory Diver Romacething? Idc/k what it is but I like Memory divers.

Maybe I should do a really futuristic Moses story.

Or Joseph.

A Stoneslide Prequel starring Ketani and Morlyle?

TerraClan?

Or maybe Instinct. :|

Too many, yes? So I started pruning, based on if I'd already written something for it or how much I liked it. Now it looks like this:
Spoiler! :
Maybe I should do a really futuristic Moses story.

Maybe a prequel starring Ketani and Morlyle!

So yeah. Excuse my seriously informal writing, XD. But really, what should I do? Any ideas?

EDIT: Some more info on the last 2 ideas.

Stoneslide Prequel:
Spoiler! :
I kinda want it to start when Ketani and Morlyle are around 14 seasons old. Young trainees themselves.
This is about the time when Frozenmoon comes back again, because 1, an artifact rightfully theirs is inside the city, and 2, Wolf Plains is growing in numbers and could start presenting themselves as too large a force for the Army.
I kind of want it to be Ketani's rise to power, Morlyle's fall from grace, and how the Gatherers Guild came to be.

Moses Story:
Spoiler! :
I want this to simply be a futuristic version of the story, where a race of people aren't slaves, but might as well be. Once the governor demands an edict for the race's young men, a mother drops her baby on the governor's daughter's doorstep, hoping that she'll have sympathy and take him in. (Literally, this is Exodus in a futuristic setting and a bit of artistic license.)
Last edited by ChiravianSkies on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:43 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Hey! There's not a whole lot I can say, since you really have to be the one to decide. But alas, I've been in the same situation before and I have a few tips.

So you've broken it down to two options- great! Now, are one of those options there because you got the idea and you think they would just work, as a story- people would enjoy it? If there is, I'm going to suggest - only suggest - to nix that option. I'm only suggesting this in the hopes that the other option is one that you purely just want to write, 'cause, well, you want to!

In the end it's your choice; but my advice is don't go for the one you think people will like, go with the one you like, cause you're the one writing it. :-P
100% autistic

When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.
— Dean Jackson