z

Young Writers Society

Title Help

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:32 pm
UntamedHeart173 says...

Hello all!

So, my co-writer and I (@ShadowPrincess16) are working on a new series that we've called Immortal Darkness. She's already told you the plot if it so I won't bore you by telling it again. (It's the book about Styxx and Ryder and the war against Ryder's mother.) We've had the title picked out for ages now and it only just occured to us that the title isn't exactly perfect for the series. We need a new title but we're not exactly sure what we should title it. We have a few picked out and we wanted to get other people's opinions on what we should title it. So, without further ado, here are the four titles we've picked out.

Immortal Heart
War of Blood
The Mage Chronicles
In Darkness and Light

If you don't think any of them are suitable, feel free to come up with your own title. If we choose a title from one of you, full credit will be given if - and when - the series is published.

Colly
Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is why do these people assume we're gay?

Sam: Well, you are kind of butch. They probably think you're overcompensating.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:35 pm
artybirdy says...

I think you should try Blood War instead of War of Blood.
[center]Previously known as ArtStyx[/center]

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:07 pm
View Likes
UntamedHeart173 says...

What about The Mage Chronicles Book One: Blood War?
Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is why do these people assume we're gay?

Sam: Well, you are kind of butch. They probably think you're overcompensating.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:50 pm
rosenbergrandy says...

In Darkness and Light I like the most. It makes me want to read the whole story.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:03 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

It honestly depends on what you're going for. Each title has me making different assumptions about what your books are about. For example, Immortal Heart sounds like a teen romance fic. War of Blood is probably the most 'original' out of the group, but it sounds like a normal fantasy, probably historical fiction story. The Mage Chronicles sounds like every other fantasy series out there. I'm pretty sure it's even already a thing. In Darkness and Light sounds like another romance story, maybe with a fantasy twist.

None of these things are inherently bad, but none of them grabbed me and made me go "oh, I want to read that." They sound like run of the mill fantasy stories. Now, because I have no idea who Styx and Ryder are, nor do I know their story, I can't offer you any advice or ideas for other book titles. I would just suggest that you try and delve a little deeper in your stories. They all sound like run of the mill book titles, and I've seen stuff you've done before: and none of your ideas are run of the mill. Don't sell your ideas short because you're trying to sound like a fantasy book. Name your book what you want to name it because that's what you like.

Here's a really cool thread that you can use to get feedback on any titles you might try from here. You can try as many as you want, and that way you'll hear what people would think if they knew /nothing/ about your novel.

Out of the options you gave us here, I would be the most likely to pick up War of Blood.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:44 am
mfoley says...

Can you link to the plot? I haven't read it either, but I'm inclined to agree with LadySpark; the given titles are a bit generic (especially The Mage Chronicles).
-- Michael F.

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues