z

Young Writers Society

Editiors Anyone?

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:26 am
ShadowPrincess16 says...

Hey everyone. :) So, I'm working on something new. It's called Immortal Darkness. Because I'm almost done with it, I need someone that can read it and help me fix the errors in it before I try and find a professional editor. The book is the first in a series and it's a fantasy romance. If you can help me, I would be more than happy with you.
ShadowPrincess16
“wanting what you could not have led to misery and madness”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:05 am
Pretzelstick says...

If you post your chapters on YWS, I am sure that someone will critique it for you. Also, if you want to, you can go on this topic thread viewforum.php?f=188

Here is my thread if you would like to request a review:
Pretzel's high-gear top-quality reviews!

As far as editors go, we don't edit anything, because I feel like that's the author's job. Reviewers just suggest, help, correct, and praise anything in your chapters.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:07 am
Rosendorn says...

Hey! You actually have all of YWS at your disposal.

My best recommendation is to post your novel in 1,500 to 2k word parts, and get feedback through the Publishing Center! You'll get a following, plus you can return the favour and find a bunch of stories you enjoy!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:11 am
Vervain says...

In addition to what Pretz and Rosey have said: I'm sure someone would like to help you edit—and if you'd like numerous full-length reviews on your entire novel, you can always try the Novel Workshop to see if anyone's interested! That's what that forum is there for, after all. Even if you don't feel comfortable posting or publicly attaching your work, you can still drum up interest and find someone willing to beta read and help edit.

As far as looking for someone to edit your work non-professionally, I'd recommend including a summary or synopsis of the novel. It helps let us know if we'd be interested; even if we know that it's fantasy romance, not all fantasy romance is for readers of a certain type or plotline.
stay off the faerie paths

Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious.
— Kathryn Stockett, The Help