z

Young Writers Society

Call for chapter-by-chapter-review-trading buddy

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:30 am
Dreamworx95 says...

Hello everyone!

I was not sure where to put this post. It's not exactly a call for pieces to review, so I didn't think it fit into the "Will Review for Food" forum. I apologize in advance if this is redundant or if it violates forum etiquette.

I've noticed that it can be hard to get consistent reviews on novel chapters because they are posted individually and over long periods of time. Because of this, I also understand that it's intimidating as a reviewer to jump into Chapter 16 of a novel you haven't read the previous chapters of. In my experience, this makes it difficult to sustain a regular readership and it can be discouraging when no one is reading your work, or if someone is kind enough to review a chapter, it can be hard to offer insights on things like plot and character development if the reviewer hasn't read the prior chapters.

This is why I am looking to pair up with one or two people to trade reviews with consistently on novel chapters in progress. I'm not posting this in the novel workshop because I would like to post my book chapters individually in the main forum. I am offering to consistently read and review your novel chapters as you post them on YWS until completion in return for the same commitment to read and review my chapters.

I have posted the first chapter of my YA fantasy/paranormal novel today, and I intend to put up the other chapters on a weekly basis. If you are interested in being my reviewing buddy, I offer to review chapters of a novel you have posted, but preferably not more than three chapters. Please feel welcome to PM me or leave a comment down below!

Pain is filtered in a poem so that it becomes finally, in the end, pleasure.
— Mark Strand