z

Young Writers Society

Animation Screenplay? Thoughts/interest?

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:43 pm
View Likes
ChiravianSkies says...

So I've had a plot bunny that has developed into far more over the year that I've had it. First, it was going to be called Defying Gravity. Then I realized that was plagiarism so it got renamed.
So I'm proud to show you Ascella! (Wing in Latin, though Google Translate will say otherwise.) It's meant to be a web animation like the Missing Light by Blixemi or Cow of the Wild by Tribbleofdoom (Both are Youtube animators.)

Here's the basic synopsis I've had for the past little while.

Something is wrong with the cats. After the disaster, the animals mostly survived. Soon, wings are growing on their backs, but there is no muscle in them, so they're just useless appendages.

One cat understands this, and in an attempt to get them off, he begins to dabble in black magicks. His wings turn even worse, and they begin to lose their feathers to turn into bats' wings. Driven to further desperation, he needs to find the final spell to rid him of wings once and for all. He then realizes that in order for the spell to work, it demands a sacrifice.
This is the story of Starke, who failed to kill his brother, and is banished, forced to live in an untamed world.

This is also the story of Pounce and her family, a thousand years later. The cats have now only developed enough muscle to hold them above their backs and use them for gliding, but yet no cat can fly with them. Pounce is born different.

So, yeah. What do you guys think? I'll probably need Voice Actors... but besides that I can animate and write it on my own.
Chirave out!

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:12 am
Kale says...

How sad that no one's replied to this sooner.

Anyways, the one thing that stuck out to me was how magic fits into this. Is the disaster caused by magic? Are the wings also brought on by magic? If not, then Starke's using magic to try to get rid of the wings feels a bit out of place.

If the wings are brought on by magic, then it strikes me as strange that they'd be completely useless starting out, unless there are also other things caused by the magic that start out weak and grow in strength over time. I think having such things would be a nice aspect to the worldbuilding and help give the magic a stronger sense of consistency.

I'm assuming that you animated your avi? If so, I'd really like to see how this project of yours turns out because it looks like it will be pretty sweet animation-wise.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Okay, first of all, who names their dinner? I don't want to know my dinner's name. This potato--is this potato named Steve?
— Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer