z

Young Writers Society

Thoughts on my concepts

Which mask do you think would fit a web comic super hero story?

Idea 1: Twin Mask
57%
Idea 2: Heroically Scary
29%
Idea 3: Comic Book Super Hero
14%

Total votes : 7

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:30 am
View Likes
Zolen says...

Well I feel like making a super hero comic, and thought up the title "Double Genius", staring two characters who while smart are relatively average. However their experience and knowledge sync up well enough to create a high caliber genius capable of invention at a super human level. Rather then release their easily weaponized ideas to the public they choose to play along with the world their ins' system for super heros, playing the part themselves. Sort of like batman, but instead of a old man and a little boy in a bat cave doing unknown things, It's a Male and Female (both 20 probably) who keep blowing up the science lab and using the result to capture villians better.

Any more then that I rather not explain on the off chance I can actually draw the comic. As it would be more interesting to explain via the comic in question.

Anyway, like all super heros, they need to hide their identity, via mask. So I ask anyone who clicks this to give their thoughts and vote.

For the lazy:

For those who want to see full scale: http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z301 ... y4liug.png

Ignore the weapon thing, just contemplating.

Edit:
Spoiler! :
Their weapons are meant for stunning and containing, as they are working with super powered individuals yet wish to avoid killing they need to act not on par, but above the people they are against. (General concept, When fighting someone aiming for you life, if you are weaker then your enemy, winning without killing becomes next to impossible, if you are more powerful then your enemy then winning without killing is easyer.) Everything they have doubles as a stun or containment process.

The boys weapons, the scythe is handled like a staff, with the handle electrically charged, and the "blade" more of a pressure pad then edge. Letting out a fluid that quickly encases its targets, restraining them, if it comes in contact with skin then it leaches off the human bodies oil expanding till it covers their entire body, there is a mild risk of it asphyxiating someone (mild because the oils it leaches from wouldn't be on the lips or in the mouth normally) thus the boy is careful in when he uses it. His gloves and general clothes keep him from being shocked, but they also become electrically charged themselves when activated. (As a normal human, fighting against super powers he requires a lot of mechanical aid, much of it activated or controlled through hand signals or voice commands, same with the girl.) Very little hand to hand training, but a lot of staff based combat training. Most notable trait when fighting is his careful use of tactics. Weakness being when his plans don't work out he can't adapt well.

The girls weapons are gauntlets with several air suction and pressure systems to allow her to effectively 'glide' with her hands. Needless to say, lots of bracing. Anyway, there is a shock plate on the fingers allowing her to not only hit but stun anything she comes in contact with. Additional weapon is a aitsoft gun that fires a pellet form of the same liquid that is in the boys scythe. A lot of hand to hand combat training, and is a fan of airsoft so is used to using them. Most notable trait when fighting is her high adaptability . Weakness being she doesn't plan very well, meaning not very tactically minded.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:38 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

I think it might be fun to modify the Twin Mask version so that one is frowning. It could act as a little shout-out to the drama masks.

They're also a lot simpler to draw which I think you will appreciate after a while of drawing everything else in the comic. ;P
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:10 pm
deleted5 says...

The first masks seems to fit an antagonist more than the protagonists in my opinion. They seems very sinister because of their simple design.
The other two I cant decide although I prefer the male second option to the third.
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:11 pm
Zolen says...

@AlexSushiDog @Kyllorac hmmmm, if in the end I don't use the simple mask for the heros, I now have a idea for twin villians who might use them in the drama masks way.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:15 am
PRANC1NGJ35T3R says...

I have some suggestions for powers for this duo if you see through with it, but as you want them to be more tech-savvy I don't know how you'd explain them as they are a bit surreal but hear me out (kind of like Ant-Man):
1) The ability to change the density of their bodies; they can be intangible one minute to fall through a series of floors or turn their hand as hard as diamond whilst within an object to cut/break through it.
2) The ability to change their centre of gravity; This isn't exactly flight, what I have in mind is that they can use it to traverse any surface (walk on walls).
3) The ability to disassemble and reassemble their bodies; what I mean by this is that they could use the very molecules that compose their bodies to act as a 'swarm' and in this form they can consume any matter.
Milton Berle - 'If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.'

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:23 am
PRANC1NGJ35T3R says...

By the way I also have an idea if you decide for the pair to go down the anti-hero route. They refer to themselves by the titles 'Comedy & Tragedy' and they carry anarchistic ideals and they plan to overthrow goverment and establish a better society by threatening the current authority that they will post instructions on every major social network the instructions for a cheap but powerful explosive if certain demands are not met (they plan to handle this either the easy or hard way, the easy way being the government willingly dismantles itself or they bring about the chaos that ensures things grow beyond the government's control). Please note they would probably want to make others aware of their existence through a demonstration whilst minimizing potential loss of life (.e.g. have a building blown up by this explosive, but all of the occupants had been evacuated prior as they set off the fire alarms).
Milton Berle - 'If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.'

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman