z

Young Writers Society

Haven

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon May 25, 2015 1:35 am
Shiverfeather says...

LadySpark wrote:1. What do you value over safety?
My happiness. Being with my friends/family

2. What books do you believe inspire freedom?
Paper Towns- John Green

3. If you needed to come up with a codename what would it be?
Brielle

4. What do you consider the most 'human' quality?
compassion.

I don't really have a short answer for 5, so I'm just going to leave it blank.

6. Do you value safety, freedom, unity or beliefs?
freedom.

Thank you for that! If you want to message me the answer to number five you can. Of course if you don't feel like answering it than that's good too. Your answers were really interesting and reminded me a lot of some of the characters so that was cool. It's interesting to see the difference in peoples answers and how people see things differently.

18 Reviews

Mon May 25, 2015 1:38 am
Shiverfeather says...

Flite wrote:1. What do you value over safety?
Too many things, my sense of safety is minimal.

This is actually a rather hard one, The Messenger, Markus Zusak.

Ky

I think philosophy maybe affecting me, this question is too vague and there are too many questions that follows it. Leaving this blank.

5. Authors? Yes. Historical figures? Tag complicated.

I value all four of them to be honest, they all stand on the same scale for me.

This is really interesting to read. If you want to discuss it more you can message me. I'm interested in talking more about 4 with you (I can give more directed questions about that but I kept stuff vague here to talk to everyone generally) sort of because philosophy is important to the story and because I like philosophical conversations.

18 Reviews

Mon May 25, 2015 1:42 am
Shiverfeather says...

Pretzelsing wrote:1. What do you value over safety?
Hmm, I value justice over safety. So, say, if someone did something morally wrong, they should have to pay a penalty.(For ex.someone steals something valuable, they go to jail for a certain period of time, someone is in debt:pay it all back) That's why we have judges and courts to rule and decide,(E.g.The Supreme Court) and then let justice be forwarded and fulfilled in an orderly manner.

Finally by Wendy Mass-it's about this girl Rory and how she learns an important lesson about her age(and how everything goes wrong), and then at the end becomes more free and sure of herself. It's inspiring loving yourself.
Here is the link on Amazon,if you are interested.

Spoiler! :
@LadySpark-they are making a movie in 2015 based on the book Paper Towns. Here is a link with more info and the starring actors and release date

Linda (that is just my nn that is generally used for me at my house-my little brother made it up). My original nn was Linka, but my little brother wasn't able to pronoucne the letter/sound "k" so for every word he substitutes it for a "d" and that's how this is like my middle name.

Regret-everyone lives with it, and it is a terribly suffocating feeling that sits in the gut of your stomach and that you can't get rid of. We regret out actions from the past, and history repeats itself.

5. Which historical figures are the most inspirational to you?
Harriet Tubman (I actually did a whole presentation on her in like fourth grade. She just acts on injustice(see number 1) and I really admire her for that.

Safety-let's keep this world safe(and the children in it). That's the most important issue right now,because parents and children don't feel safe being alone on their road,or being left alone at home,or going to a grocery store, because there are dangerous people everywhere and a chance of injury anywhere. We really do need a safer world.

Cool. I'm really liking seeing everyone's different opinions (which is a huge part of the story). I'm gonna look up some of the stuff you were talking about.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Wed May 27, 2015 7:17 pm
deleted5 says...

1. What do you value over safety?
Freedom

Guantanamo Boy by Anna Perera

Uhh, dunno XD

"The resilience of man"

Winston Churchill

Out of the four? Freedom
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:12 am
yubbies21 says...

1. What do you value over safety?
Sanity.

The Call of The Wild

Depends on how serious it needed to be. If it was little me playing spies in the backyard, it would have been MissSparkleCake001. Now, it would be L.A.K'S.G.F. If I were a real spy, It'd be Y21.

"To err is human"

Winston Churchill

I value the freedom to choose for myself.
beep

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li