z

Young Writers Society

Renaming Little Sister

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun May 03, 2015 7:22 pm
Amnesia says...

I know my book revolves around the little sister but I dont think that that's all I want the book to be revolve around seeing as it includes the love her siblings have for her. Can you guys help me out on renaming my book?
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sun May 03, 2015 9:24 pm
mephistophelesangel says...

Could you tell us a bit more plot details in the book? If you don't mind, of course. Thanks :3

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:16 pm
View Likes
EmmVeePi says...

What about "Small Female Sibling"?

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:30 pm
Pretzelstick says...

I don't know Mem, I feel like Little Sister has been the title to your novel forever now, but I understand that you would consider changing it. Just please,actually think it through and get some good possibilities before completely changing it. Remember,this is the title that you grew attached to,so now you have to bond all over with another one.

I definitively know what your story is about(@mephistophelesangel~I suggest that you maybe read the first chapter of her book/or PM her the question of a summary.)-Although I do agree with her Mem,with posting this thread,you should have at least a short summary of the content of the book.

Now,as for title suggestions themselves, I have been trying to wrack my brain coming up with some,and I hope that some of these suggestions get you thinking.I would also just like to point out,that you know your story the best.
Anyways,let's begin,shall we?
~Rays of Hope
~Searching for Sunshine
~In Bondage of Chains

I think that I will leave you with this for now,because I really like those three suggestions. Please let me know if I can do anything else to help.

/Pretzel/
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:18 am
Apricity says...

I'm a tag late to the party. But I've seen a lot of these questions floating over, one pops up now and again. Titles are tricky things since they should reflect the core of your novel, and sell it to potential readers.

Before I talk more, give this article a read, it offers you some good down-to-earth advice on how to find the right title.

I've said this many times to a lot of people, but you need to find the title yourself. In the end, we can only offer suggestions. No one knows your novel as well as you do, or the idea of the novel as well as you do. If you haven't finished your novel yet, don't worry about the title. The title comes last, not first. Titles can change too, they aren't set in stone most authors go through several title change before they find one they're comfortable with.

But there are also titles you want to avoid, titles that scream out 'cliche', titles that scream out 'terrible YA reads about teenage angst'. Of course, there are always fantastic books with horrible titles and horrible books with fantastic titles. But you don't want titles with pretty words in them just because they sound and look pretty. You don't want a title with only surface value. Nor do you want a title that just gives the entire plot away.

So that's just my two cents on coming up with a right title. God knows I make horrible titles.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson