z

Young Writers Society

Anthology

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:40 pm
ShadowPrincess16 says...

Hey guys! Long time no speak. I've been away for quite a while. My best friend, who now has an account here, (UntamedHeart173 I'm talking to YOU) talked me into making time for this site and here I am. Anyways, down to business.

Colly and I have recently started working on a new short story series called "Crossing". The summary we have is:

"When Lilac's twin sister is killed by a drunk driver, she is given the ability to see ghosts. Along with her best friend Jeremy (who can also see ghosts due to a childhood accident), Lilac must help ghosts get closure before moving on. Each ghost brings her closer to her future...and to Lily's own Crossing."

We were going to do it as a novel but she's already working on two novels and I still have one I'm working on. The problem we're having is a minor one but one we're stumped on. Should we continue this as a short story series where every ghost is a different story...or should we work on it as a novel? We're stumped and need advice before we can move on.

Lily <3
“wanting what you could not have led to misery and madness”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:52 am
Apricity says...

Heyo Lily, here to offer a few cents. At the end of the time, it's really up to the two of you to make that decision. Writing a novel is hard work and takes a lot of dedication and commitment. Because of the novels you're already working on, I'd recommend that you continue this as a short story series. Not only does it give you more room to explore with different things, you can also work on it sparingly. Writing short stories are also great practice for writing a novel, and there is always the chance of collecting your short stories into a novel shall the need ever arise.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:28 pm
UntamedHeart173 says...

First off, Lil thanks for asking this. I was just going to ask this. Guess we have the same brain. :)
@Flite thanks! We've been debating on what to do since we wrote the first story. (Months ago.) I think we're gonna do as you suggested and make it a short story series. We've never done a short story series together so it's a nice experience and besides that it'll be a lot easier to work on.

@ShadowPrincess16 I love you so much! <3
Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is why do these people assume we're gay?

Sam: Well, you are kind of butch. They probably think you're overcompensating.

20 Reviews

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:21 pm
ShadowPrincess16 says...

@UntamedHeart173 I love you too! :)

20 Reviews

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:29 pm
ShadowPrincess16 says...

Also, @Flite Thanks for the insight. As Colly said, we're working on quite a few novels at the moment and this is probably the easiest way to do it. So thanks! :)

@UntamedHeart173 Guess we keep it as an anthology!

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg