z

Young Writers Society

Stay or Go?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:55 pm
UntamedHeart173 says...

Hey guys! So, I'm working on re-writing Neverland's Curse. (I found a few mistakes and needed to get them cleared up before I did anything else. Hence why I'm re-writing the novel.) Currently, Acacia and Aiden (my MCs) know that they're gonna be staying in Neverland from the start. They're bored with the real world and ywant to stay in Neverland once they've broken the curse. My question for you guys is this: should I keep it that way, or should it be a decision they make with time?

Colly <3
Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is why do these people assume we're gay?

Sam: Well, you are kind of butch. They probably think you're overcompensating.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:15 am
Kale says...

Is there any reason to change it? Why do they have to be indecisive? I would think that wanting to live in Neverland would be a major source of motivation for them to break the curse, so if you take that away, what motivation do they have?
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:58 am
Lightsong says...

I'll just give you my typical answer regarding this kind of question: if they want to stay there because they enjoy their lives much better there than they did in real world, let them be. If they are the kind of people who think the consequences of living there, then let them be there, if you make them think there is so many benefits there than there is in real world.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:14 pm
LadySpark says...

I know if I found Neverland and broke a curse, I would definitely want to stay there. I don't think there need to be indecision, from what you've told us about your story Neverland is awesome, and there's no reason anyone shouldn't want to live there. Unless not deciding would add to the story, I would say keep it as is. You have a lot of elements going on here, so that might actually detract from a story.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:58 pm
UntamedHeart173 says...

Thanks guys! You definitely helped my decision!
Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is why do these people assume we're gay?

Sam: Well, you are kind of butch. They probably think you're overcompensating.

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne