z

Young Writers Society

Creation of a Plot

Reviews: 2
Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:15 am
Zyox says...

Hello,

Ill spring into it,

The plot is essential one of fantasy , Sci-fi, and fantasy mingled together. It takes place in modern times, when nature all of a sudden fights back. I'm thinking forests and plants spring to life and attack in violence, nature gets a mind of its own. Natural disasters, morphed animals, new species, mankind is force to sink underground, overgrown cities.

My struggle is,

Why has this occurred?

How are humans going to stop it?

Where in the world should this take place?

First or third person?

Villains, Heros?

There are more questions, but these are majors for now,

Please give me some advice of what to do, I understand this is rough, but please attempt some feedback.

Thanks all,

-{Zyox}-

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:33 am
Apricity says...

Hey Zyox, your question can be answered by only one person, you. You've just showered us with questions and nothing else, you didn't give us the background, the characters, anything but what genre this is and the setting. And a very generalised setting at that. I can't help you if I don't even know the most basic of your idea.

You should aim to answer those questions you asked yourself first, if you don't have your idea mapped out then you should either leave it for a while, research on the topic or start scribbling answers down. Some of these answers may not useful to you at all, but that's how you find the good ideas.

I believe this link here may be of some help.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

Reviews: 2
Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:57 am
Zyox says...

Thank you for your insight,

I understand I am lacking quite a bit, but to be honest I feel as though I don't know much myself. Thank you for the link, hopefully I can gain some helpful information from it.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:14 am
Kale says...

If you don't know it, make it up. That freedom and flexibility one of the best things about writing fantasy, sci-fi, and science-fantasy (which is what it sounds like you have here).

If you come up with better ideas or answers to your questions, you can always implement those ideas in later drafts. Your first draft is not going to be perfect, so don't worry too much about everything making perfect sense in it. What the first draft will do is give you something to work with and refine, and having a general idea of the whole can help you find better and more coherent ideas, including answers to questions you didn't know were questions to consider.

Just make sure that, if there is any research involved, you do the research thoroughly and check your facts after each draft you complete. Nothing can ruin suspension of disbelief faster than a basic fact being wrong, especially if it's a fact that could have been easily researched.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Talent is something that comes from within; it has nothing to do with age.
— AURORA