z

Young Writers Society

TMIS

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:05 am
UntamedHeart173 says...

Does anyone else have a problem with wayy too many ideas all at once? Because I do. And it drives me mad. I'm not talking about like two or three ideas. That's manageable for me. I'm talking eight or nine ideas all at once. And they all sound so good that I really, really want to work on them but I can't work on them all at once.If you guys have had a problem with this, how did you solve it? I ask because I'm drowning in ideas. Literally.
Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is why do these people assume we're gay?

Sam: Well, you are kind of butch. They probably think you're overcompensating.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:32 am
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Heya, that happens all of the time to me personally. I have so many ideas, even good ideas but they are swimming in my head too much, and I sometimes never use any of them.

You see, I am a very jumpy type of person, who likes to jump here and there,and not stay with the same idea/story. I have a lot of ideas, but that is not a problem for me, because I like that.

How I solve this "problem" is that I try to sit down and at least start writing this(I usually stop or fail) but anyways, that is just what I do. If you don't write them out, even one at a time, they will be trapped in your head. Every writer has a whole world of ideas(like you and me) trapped in our heads, and the only possible way to "remedy" it is to release those ideas. Write them down,draw them, express yourself and then you will feel satisfied.
This bunch of ideas is just a phase, some people has writer's block or their creative well runs dry!

KEEP ON WRITING!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:34 pm
UntamedHeart173 says...

Thanks! I'll try that and see how it works out. :)
Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is why do these people assume we're gay?

Sam: Well, you are kind of butch. They probably think you're overcompensating.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:20 am
r4p17 says...

One thing I have heard of other authors doing is keeping a list of all of their cool ideas and meshing them together into one big story. This helps you concentrate them and focus on multiple ones at the same time.

If you write short stories your job is easier because you can work on multiple ones at the same time as well and not spend more than a week or two on each one. Ultimately you may end up having to discard some of your ideas, however.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:20 am
Kale says...

Take notes. Take lots and lots of notes. Keep all these notes in one convenient place. This way, you can focus on whatever it is you're working on, or even switch between projects, without forgetting what it was that made you so excited about those ideas.

You should at least try to find a system that helps you finish projects, though. Sometimes that involves rotating between projects. Sometimes that involves working on a single project. Find what works for you, and then stick with it.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:23 pm
Octaclepassing says...

For me, I'd do this when too many ideas come streaming through my consciousness. One way is to write them down, so you don't feel some kind of guilty thing about forgetting them when you need it. Another way is that take elements from one idea and put it into one. I did this with an element of loneliness and I had stuck in my head and just used for a character needing development in my novel. Just try to take some or minimal elements from one source to the other and then you can see a whole picture coming through.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri May 01, 2015 1:18 pm
LadySpark says...

Yes.

Not just with writing, but in other ways as well. Right now, I have 10 ideas for stuff to do on YWS as events/new clubs etc. It's incredibly annoying.

I'm going to echo what those have said before me, though. Just take notes. Write about your ideas from time to time to keep your mind fresh. If one idea starts to take shape over all the others, devote more time to that single idea. You'll be thankful for your notes when your idea well runs dry and you're desperate for some new stuff.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

Okay, first of all, who names their dinner? I don't want to know my dinner's name. This potato--is this potato named Steve?
— Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer