z

Young Writers Society

The Lost Boys...

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:40 pm
View Likes
UntamedHeart173 says...

Hey guys! So, I'm still working on Neverland's Curse. (I believe I'm close to finishing my rough draft.) And I've come to a snag. See, there are four younger Lost Boys. Ages four, five, eight, and nine. (Bradley is four, Michael is five, Houston is eight, and Kane is nine.) My snag is that I'm wondering if they should stay in Neverland or go back to the real world where it's safer.

The reason it's not exactly safe in Neverland is that Wendy has found a way around the "you can't die in Neverland" thing. (Peter used a Death Ward when he created Neverland and Wendy has found a way to drop it.) She's already killed countless people (Hey, it's a war. Don't look at me like that. Lol.) and Peter is worried about the little ones being caught in her crossfire. I really think it would be best to send them back to the real world...but I'm on the fence about it because they're what gives Peter the motivation to fight. He wants to make Neverland a safe place for them. So...any suggestions? I'm totally at a loss of what to do here.
Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is why do these people assume we're gay?

Sam: Well, you are kind of butch. They probably think you're overcompensating.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:09 pm
LadySpark says...

How easy would it be to send them to the real world? What would happen to them once they're there? Does Peter have friends in the real world or is he just hoping someone would take them in? Would they be safer from Wendy there, or would they be safer with Peter where he can keep them somewhat protected from Wendy since he's close?

As a villian, I can see Wendy chasing the boys into the real world to get to them. It would probably be easier without them being under Peter's watchful gaze, and it would kill Peter to watch them die like that after he was doing what he thought was best for them. I can see why you're in a conundrum, cause I wouldn't know what to do either, lol. I think what you have to do is make a pros/cons list. Make out a list for each scenario, then go from there. In the long run, it's not going to matter that much. Yes, if they stay, Peter will be more motivated, but if they go, you have a chance to expand on Wendy's character. How much motivation stems from being with the lost boys? Does he look to them for support, not just to protect them? Have any of the other lost boys died? Are they fighting beside Peter? Are these lost boys going to want to leave Peter, or will they put up a fight? How will he get them off the island without Wendy knowing?

I think the most important thing is, whichever you chose, you have to make it believeable. If by some magic Peter has a friend who would just happen to be willing to take in these wild, crazy, young boys-- that's a little too easy. I also feel like these young boys would want to go back to Peter, and would try to make that happens as quickly as possible-- which could lead to even more trouble on your part.

There's no right or wrong answer here. Do what feels right, and if it stops feeling right, change your mind. There's nothing wrong with going back and changing it in later drafts! <3
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:54 am
View Likes
UntamedHeart173 says...

Thanks! You actually helped me make up my mind! I think the little ones would be better off staying where Peter can protect them. That, and they don't really want to leave Peter. He's kind of like "dad" to them so making them leave would do more harm then good. Thank you so much!

Colly
Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is why do these people assume we're gay?

Sam: Well, you are kind of butch. They probably think you're overcompensating.

shady and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws
— Tuckster