z

Young Writers Society

Since Blogging is Writing. :)

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:01 am
NicoleBri says...

Hey you guys, I didn't know where to post this but I just thought it could go here since really blogging is writing. :) So any who, down to my point.

I am new to this "blogging" thing and I created a WordPress account but I really don't know what to talk about. I want to become a good blogger and I'd like some help. Any info should suffice. :)

In case you don't understand my question, well it is what type of stuff do you really blog about that interests people and such? What do YOU as a writer like to blog about? :)

Thank you!
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:39 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Hey Nicole!

I recently started blogging last year, using blogger ( I'm going to be switching to WordPress I think ), I have one on YWS too, so I certainly can empathize not knowing what to blog about!

The cool thing is, though, you can literally blog about anything. People have art blogs, how-to blogs, 'this is my life' blogs, 'this is my pet's life' blogs. You can blog about the movies you see, the books you read, fashion, sports, religion, ANYTHING! That's what's so cool about blogging; you can blog about what ever you want to blog about. No matter your topic, someone will find what you're blogging about interesting... there's just THAT many people in this world. It really just depends on what you feel like blogging about.

I personally like to blog randomly... I've tried sticking to a theme but it doesn't work for me. So what you might see on my blog would be me talking about writing habits, my growing concern for humanity, what crazy stunt my mom's cat has pulled off this week, and so on. It all depends on what I feel like blogging about, and what's been on my mind. :-P

It's also really fun to throw pictures into blog posts!

Anyways, I hope that was somewhat helpful!
100% autistic

46 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:46 am
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

:) Thank you for your input @Holysocks, and if you don't mind, I'd love to read some of your blogs If you have some on YWS and if you decide to go to WordPress let me know! I'd definitely follow you as a blogger! (:

- Ayn Rand

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:14 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Hey there!

I started my own wordpress (it's a completely fitness oriented blog), and I learned fairly quickly you're not going to get any followers unless you expand to other sites. I made an instagram, connected it to my twitter and tumblr, so when I post to word press, it goes to other social media as well. I've gained a lot of views that way! I also asked some of my close friends to share my wordpress on their facebooks/twitters/etc. Friends are a great word of mouth! Just be patient, and you'll eventually gain the followers you want!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

46 Reviews

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:35 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Thank you for your information @LadySpark! (:

- Ayn Rand

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien