z

Young Writers Society

I just wrote the WORST story ever written

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:07 am
Aet Lindling says...

I like what Rachael said, but I think the mindset can be a little more positive but still healthy. :P

It's okay to write terrible stuff. Anything you write will make you at least a little bit better through experience, truly. But, you should aim and strive for better writing, while not being discouraged. If your goal is to get better, of course.

If you write something terrible, it's a learning experience. Edit it and polish it as much as you can, and write something new taking what you learned from that into it. No matter how good you get at writing, this can still happen to you. Don't take it so hard!
dun worry
it's all gun be k

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:08 am
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

You'll give up, they always do. You'll find some hobby you like better.

What do you want to bet? Huh? Reputation? Let's go!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:08 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

NO, NO, NO. I wanted that title of the worst story ever. :( I thought all I needed to do was write a worst novel than Atlanta Nights and was working really hard to do that, but nooooo. You had to step in. Thanks for ruining my dreams... *cries in corner*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:31 pm
birk says...

Just another person chiming in to say that finishing it was the most important part. It shows perseverance, and it's all about learning.

Also, @Snoink, I want to read that.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:37 am
PrehistoricEchoes says...

First off, you finished a story. That alone is a good thing. Second of all, if you're like me, it's either not as bad as you think, or it'll allow you to learn from your mistakes and become a better writer. I always think my stories are crap, but some can be better than others, and I always learn from them all.

Third and lastly, awesome avatar. Steins;Gate is such a great show.
My life was described in the Halo 3 Machinima, Flag Campers: "The last two hours of travel are confined to a small, hilly area. And it's all squiggly..."

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:19 am
Apricity says...

YOU FINISHED A STORY.

That is a monumental acheivement, I can't even stress how amazing that is. That takes a lot of time and dedication so pat yourself on the back. I'm just chiming in here to say that all first drafts are terrible. It doesn't matter if you're you, or J.K.Rowling. Name me another any author, and I promise you their first draft will suck. It's OK to suck with first drafts, that's what they're for. It's all about getting the story down.

You can start freaking out at your second draft.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

Reviews: 2
Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:14 pm
TheArchon says...

PrehistoricEchoes wrote:First off, you finished a story. That alone is a good thing. Second of all, if you're like me, it's either not as bad as you think, or it'll allow you to learn from your mistakes and become a better writer. I always think my stories are crap, but some can be better than others, and I always learn from them all.

Third and lastly, awesome avatar. Steins;Gate is such a great show.

Thank you for the advice, and nice to see another Steins;Gate fan!!!!! :D
Wibbly wobbley time-wimey stuff

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
— Willie Nelson