z

Young Writers Society

Why do you write what you write

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:35 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

We all write different genres, some write sci-fi, some write romance, some write fantasy. If so, I would like to know why you write those genres. Is it because you like writing them, reading them? Creating those stories, what is it?

Please share.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:42 am
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

I don't really think of which genre my work falls under as much while I write it, if that makes any sense. I write what I do because I think it would be interesting and fun to share. There are instances, however, when a genre inspires me to make something - best example would be my horror short stories. I'm pretty into horror, so yeah, that's probably why.
Not anymore.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:44 am
Burrow says...

I write sci-fi not because I like to look up at the stars, dream of other planets. I right sci-fi because the ideas are endless. You can create a world free of racism, a world free of hate, then you can create a world full of war, full of evil scary looking aliens. The possibility's are endless.

I though, always write my characters on small things that happen in my life. I make them have the same feelings about the world as me. I write sci-fi because, it is the small wonder of my world. A little escape into endless imagination.
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:46 am
View Likes
godlypopo says...

I usually write horror as you have no limitations on how descriptive you can be on the characters. It is also fun to watch the readers reactions. I write as it is a way to escape the real world, a way to express your feelings in many different ways :D
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:02 pm
deleted5 says...

I write disaster events like an end of the world type scenarios because I like to write about how every day people would respond to it. I enjoy torturing the characters and the reader by keeping it as gritty and realistic as possible to make it feel more tense. I guess my aim is to make the reader question what they would do and make them question the characters choices while also enjoying a dark story.
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:47 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Because I'm a little bit strange.
We were born to be amazing.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:50 pm
r4p17 says...

I like to write fantasy because I can world build however I want to. I can write about whatever I want as opposed to regular fiction.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:02 pm
View Likes
Satira says...

I like to write fantasy mostly because I don't have enough experience to write about the real world, so I make up my own rules in a world I created. And even in a fantasy world, I don't stray from the basic laws of physics... I feel like it's way too hard to make a world that's as complicated as the real world, so I follow the first blueprint pretty closely.

I write free verse poetry because I have a lot of loose ideas that don't need whole stories, but do nicely on their own. Just sort of floating there. Sometimes, (often)poems make more of an impact than stories because (a poetry is about condensing an idea into something elegant and memorable and (b there's less room to mess up, so as an unskilled, plotless author, it's easier to write poetry.
"if only, if only,"
the woodpecker sighed,
"the bark on the trees
were as soft as the skies."

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:29 pm
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

[horror]All of my poems seemed to based around death and sadness. I most likely write this because I have gone through many deaths in my short life and I was depressed for a very long time, and is still struggling with it.

[realistic]But in storybooks, I base my characters off my friends and family. Then I make them go through scenarios as they would. I don't get to see my friends much outside of school and all my family live in a different country so it almost makes me feel closer to them in a very creepy way.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:29 am
steampowered says...

I like to write sci-fi and fantasy mainly because I'm an escapist, and I like the feeling of having free rein. Also, those are the genres I love to read. :)
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:33 am
TriSARAHtops says...

I haven't really the foggiest. Because it's what comes out? It's kinda weird when I think about it, because I read more speculative fiction, especially fantasy, but my writing tends to be more realistic fiction...
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:43 pm
View Likes
firefly882 says...

I grew up reading fantasy novels (Dragonlance, anyone?) and fell in love with the genre at an early age. When I started writing I tried my hand at science-fiction, supernatural and mystery, but it wasn't as satisfying. It's easier with fantasy for me to build my own world and rules, and it strikes a chord with me, so I mainly stick to that genre. It's where my heart belongs! :)
"Have I ever told you the story about how our kingdom was nearly torn apart by greed and betrayal? No? Well then gather 'round, my children, and let Ol' Nan tell you about the Legends of Arenthul." ~Naneria

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:56 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Dragonlance! :D

I write fantasy and sci-fi because I'm in love with it. :)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:47 pm
NicoleBri says...

I enjoy writing Romance because I like to imagine other types of relationships that go on with different types of people. It intrigues me and I like how others react to it. If that makes sense! <3
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
— William Shakespeare