Young Writers Society

Flite's pre-flight preparations

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:39 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

Project Lakewood

This is the first pre-writing novel I've ever done, but I'm actually very passionate about this year's Nanowrimo since I've actually got a plot line I'm willing to write with.

Major theme/s:

Spoiler! :
This is mainly because this story doesn't have a very detailed plotline yet, instead I'm basing the entire story on this one theme: friendship. Then it divides into three sub branches of friendship: the establishment of a close friendships, components of a friendship, and then the breaking of a friendship. What causes it to break? Why? The factors? I know it all sounds like a scientific experiment, but bear with me.

The other major theme is probably trust, and once again how that in terms affect a friendship or just how it affects people interact with each other.

Main plot-line (still in development)

Spoiler! :
Is a bit hard to summarize something that's still in development, but I'll try my best.

During his time in Lakewoods, Will formed a strange friendship with three of the local kids. Jay, Rin and Johnny. The four meets one autumn, and the story follows through their journey to forming a strange if not eerie friendship group. The three boys and one girl travels deep into the woods, to the infamous lake that is the cause to many local drownings. Merely because they're curious, and they find that the lake has an intoxicating beauty to it. Unable to pull away, they sink into a friendship where all four must be present. If not, misfortune shall befall upon the group.

The relationship between Jay and Johnny has never been good, so when Jay (whom is on very good terms with Will) vanishes one day. The tension builds. [Haven't worked out what happens next.]

I only know that in the end, Rin is dead. She drowns in the lake, why or how I don't know. I'm not even sure if I want to reveal it to the readers.

The rest:

[spoiler]Following what I've said above, I'm telling this story through Will's eyes probably in his late twenties or early thirties. Keeping in mind that Rin is already dead, and at the time when this happened. They were all only ten or eleven because I can't imagine them being any older than that. Which is a real challenge because writing ten year olds aren't easy, and imposing an adult's view on what happened when he was a child can be extremely messy. So I'm wondering if I should boost the age up a little. However, I am quite enthusiastic about this, but I'm not going to give it too much thought since I have a tendency to over think everything.

I'd love any feedback on this, thanks!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende