z

Young Writers Society

The Black Journal

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:48 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Top of the morning/afternoon/evening/night to you all! I have decided to participate in the Prewriting: Journal Making Challenge

This was a split second decision to try this challenge as an effort to help expand on an already thoroughly thought about novel that has yet to be posted here on YWS. I already have a name for it, but it won't be said here until the final product is complete which will be awhile as most have probably already guessed, but once I think about it not that long. But to give you an idea as to what it is I decided to lodge it in reality similar to our own involving a family where a mother and father are criminals, and the actual story is focused on the oldest trying to protect her sister and support her with her parents dead. This all takes place some years after their parents have been killed by the police.

What I would like to do with this Journal:

I would like to continue using this long after the Pre-writing Challenge has concluded as for the updates to my novel, new ideas (Short and long,) and anyone who played keys into helping me develop the novel(s) I might try and develop in the future with the hope of completing each and every one. Using a combination of methods shown in the initial post of the Pre-writing Challenge with some being more used than others like: The Snowflake, Post-it Notes, and Character Profiles over others like: Flow-Charts, Map drawing, and Doodles. Though for the sake of the challenge I will do them if they require as so. As for the challenges of the Pre-writing Challenge I will follow a formula for how I will do them as I will be doing challenges as I release chapters on my novel and then placing a link in the description for people to see my thoughts on the chapter. Not everything will make sense, but hey some of them are split second moments of writing them.

To those who read this:

For the sake of organization I would like people to message me via chat or PM for comments or questions. I would like to be able to find everything that I post quickly if I decide to go back and look at some of my previous thoughts on a matter. I would also like to post notes as a way of requesting to talk to someone in the future about something or apologize or give thanks to someone for a recent chapter idea, speaking of which this is the point I do so!

Notes to:

@Aley
Spoiler! :
When you can I would like you to message me as I have a few questions about the challenges you have posted, mostly clarification.

@Silverlock
Spoiler! :
If it looks like I stole your journal naming idea, I'm sorry, but I did I didn't want to be typical and put "Avalon's Pre-writing Journal" like everyone else does.

Anyways, I do believe this is long enough of an opening post. This has been Avalon, and I hope to see you in the future.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
— Nelson Mandela