z

Young Writers Society

Deanie's Prewriting Journal

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:32 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

I have just finished writing 3, 785 words of planning for this novel, in detail.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR NANO TO START I AM SO EXCITED

*ahem* These challenges were really helpful as I was writing my planning! Hopefully Nano will go well, but there are a few plot holes and character issues to clean up. After Nano I am going to return, do more challenges, and then hopefully use them as I do a thorough second draft and clean up the Nano mess. Lastly on my final edit, I will refer back to the most useful challenges.

I guess I will see you at the end of November, or perhaps a little during it. Thanks so much for creating these @Aley <3
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

1634 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:03 am
Deanie says...

I have started the planning process for a new novel, which will be my first attempt in the fantasy genre. So, prewriting journal it is :)

It will also be a Snow White retelling, in a way. More info coming soon ^.^

Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

Reviews: 2
Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:54 pm
Noaven says...

It was interesting reading through someone's method of planning. o.o Maybe I should do some more solid planning if I'm seriously going to write...So far it's just been a bunch of ideas that bounce around in my head until they snowball into a loose story. Once that happens though I procrastinate. I think I'm also a bit hesitant to try to seriously write something...I'm worried that I'll put a lot of work into it and then hate it when I'm done or halfway there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess you could say I was born a traveler..but that's not entirely accurate..I was just born traveling. Never had a home in the physical sense..don't plan to anytime soon.

1634 Reviews

Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:04 pm
Deanie says...

I've got eight characters I want to flesh out, so this could take some time. Not sure about them yet, so hopefully the profiles will help.

Sky

Spoiler! :
Name: Sky Blue
Sex: Female
Eye Color: Blue (sky coloured, of course.)
Hair Color: Black
Skin Color: White, pale
Height: 1 metre 75 centimetres
Weight: 72 kg
Memorable Features: Her eyes are sharp, and she is the most beautiful girl in the Kingdom.
Race: Human
Ethnicity: Skies (usually beautifully.)
Faults: Is reckless occasionally and doesn't think things through. Isn't made for ruling a kingdom and likes to do what she wants instead of following orders.
Talents: Healing and communicating with animals (through magic).
Family: Mother is deceased, sister is deceased, now has a father and stepmother.
Childhood: Was always in her sisters light and could never see her magic as a good thing because in comparison to other powers, it was fairly useless and isn't seen as a threat. However, she was always closely connected to Snow (her gift dragon) and is very good with working with her.
Source of Income: None yet. As the only heir the kingdom and its riches will be hers one day.
Hobbies: Horse riding, working with Snow, going on adventures and discovering whatever she can.
Patience Breaking Point: Very short temper. When it comes to strangers it takes a long time for her to be bothered by anything, even when they are taking the mick of her. But when it comes to someone within close relationship, scolding her will cause her to become very angry.
Status in Society: Princess of the Kingdom
Biography: Sky Blue is currently heir. She should be spending time learning how to rule the country, swordfight and attend to womanly talents. But she is always out displaying her talents which her father has forbade her to (because they are seen as shameful) and the only lessons she seems to show up for are sword fighting. The majority of the time her and Snow are out, without permission.

1634 Reviews

Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:24 pm
Deanie says...

Janessa

Spoiler! :
Name: Janessa Kringsworth
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Golden brown, wispy
Skin Color: White, tanned
Height: 1 metre, 70 centimetres
Weight: 70 kg
Memorable Features: Her hair seems to shine in the sunlight, but she isn't very memorable due to being a common worker girl.
Ethnicity: Skies (generally considered to be beautiful)
Faults: Makes a lot of jokes and becomes close to everyone around her, so close that sometimes she forgets rankings. Can be too stern at times.
Talents: Always being optimistic, giving good advice and is very ladylike.
Family: Has a mother and father, as well as three younger brothers. Doesn't see them often do to job at the palace (considered an honor.)
Childhood: Grew up on a farm with her three brothers and parents. Enjoyed the work and loved her little brothers with all her heart. Had a lot of fun times.
Source of Income: Working at the palace (enough to give some to home as well.)
Hobbies: Sewing, cleaning and also likes to write letters and stories.
Patience Breaking Point: Is a very patient person but cannot stand anyone down-talking her family and hates being looked down on due to ranking in society.
Status in Society: Common worker girl, but with enough money to run and live on a farm. (Second lowest in society rankings.)
Biography: Janessa loved her family and being torn away shattered a part of her. However, being offered to work at the palace was an honour and she knew she could support her family from afar much better. She returns to them in her short, yearly holidays and spends the majority of her time tending to Sky and hoping to make her into a good queen someday. Grew close to her and is now more like an older sister to her.

1634 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:08 pm
Deanie says...

Elizabeth (Stepmother)

Contrary to the fairytale, she will be a good character.
Spoiler! :
Name: Elizabeth Romania
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Skin Color: White
Height: 1m, 85cm
Weight: 90 kg
Memorable Features: Her hourglass figure and her sharp cheekbones
Ethnicity: Skies (generally considered beautiful)
Faults: Is very emotional and hates judgment she gleans from others
Talents: Very good at running a country and staying organized.
Family: None other than her husband.
Childhood: She grew up with her parents as an only child and was middle class. After her parents got ill and died she fended for herself. She decided to use her beauty to her advantage and catch the eye of a higher ranking man to look after her, not knowing that she would catch the eye of the King himself.
Source of Income: Ruling the kingdom
Hobbies: Managing a household, dragonriding and also visiting the forests for peace
Patience Breaking Point: When she feels as if she is being targeted emotionally
Status in Society: Queen
Biography: After the death of her parents she spent time at balls first as a waitress but then one night borrowing a dress from her master and pretending to be royalty. She caught the eyes of many high class people but was surprised to be pulled aside by the King himself whom she was not aware was attending. She quickly agreed to his offer of a private relationship for the amount of money he proposed, but was surprised to see their relationship develop further than that after the disappearance of his wife. She always suspected he had something do with it, but wanted to start anew. Didn't question it too much.

1634 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:37 pm
Deanie says...

Father (David)
Spoiler! :
Name: David Romania
Sex: Male
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Golden Brown
Skin Color: White
Height: 1m 90cm
Weight: 95 kg
Memorable Features: His sharp eyes and piercing stare. The gleam of cunning in his eyes.
Ethnicity: Skies (considered beautiful)
Faults: Very sharp and cunning, almost losing his head a little.
Talents: Good at deceiving, his power which is fire and fighting wars.
Family: His wife Elizabeth, and daughter Sky.
Childhood: Grew up to be the King by his father before him, a strict and difficult lifestyle. Continually proving himself.
Source of Income: Ruling the kingdom.
Hobbies: Waging wars, swordsplay and also playing cards.
Patience Breaking Point: When someone appears to be a failure and can't live up to expectations, his patience breaks quickly. Otherwise he usually keeps his cool.
Status in Society: King
Biography: After losing his wife and moving on, and his daughter he loved he started to lose faith in humanity. Left the ruling of the country up to Elizabeth and spends his time chasing after her or waging the battles necessary.

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson