z

Young Writers Society

New book idea, feedbacks needed

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:40 pm
mephistophelesangel says...

Title : Angel Wing

Brainstorm : In the world, animal-human hybrids are normal, even though most of the population is human. Ren's isolated village is a ruthless place. All the people there have a blessing from a certain raptor deity. Even though Ren is supposed to be one of the strongest ones of his kind, being blessed by a Northern Goshawk, he has a wing disorder, therefore being small and weak (flightless). When he gets into a deadly fight with a starving girl, blessed by a bald-headed eagle, he runs away in order to avoid death. When he goes out of the village, he walks until he comes out into the modern world. People think that he's an animal hybrid, but he's not. He has a blessing from a raptor deity, not the blood of the actual bird. If his secret is discovered, he and his kind might be in great danger. Meanwhile, in order to take Ren back and keep the secret of the village, the powerful 'king' -the strongest person in the village who has the blessing of a Harpy eagle and can turn into the bird himself- and a strong team made up of those blessed by owls, falcons and hawks, sets out.

Main character :

Name : Ren (no last name)
Hair : Gray
Eyes : Orange with no whites of the eyes (think the actual bird eyes)
Characteristics: * Blessed by a Northern Goshawk
* Angel wings disease, flightless.
* Can't speak, just like all the others in the village (bird characteristic)
* Supposed to be powerful

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:41 pm
LadySpark says...

Hey there! Interesting plot you've got here. I've just got a couple of questions I think you need to answer for this plot to become really really fleshed out.
What exactly is the difference between being blessed/having the blood. What characteristics does one have that the other doesn't? Is one considered weaker than the other or are they on even footing for the most part? Why is in this deadly fight? Why does he have to run away after he leaves the fight? Is she threatening his family? Friends? What leverage does a starving girl have? Starving makes me think homeless, dying, not strong and threatening. Why do people think he's an animal hybrid? Why isn't he? Why would he be in danger for not being a hybrid? His kind? There are more like him? Why would they be in danger too? Why does he have angel wings if he blessed by an animal?

It's a really interesting plot! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Ask more questions of yourself like the one above and see if you can't find out more about your plot and characters by interviewing yourself.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:21 am
View Likes
mephistophelesangel says...

Thanks! :D I thought about your questions, and if you don't mind, I will answer them right now! :) They helped me so much, by the way. It really helped.

What exactly is the difference between being blessed/having the blood. What characteristics does one have that the other doesn't?
- If you are blessed, it means that your blood is a hundred percent human, but your soul, your nature, is of a raptor's. An animal hybrid is created by experiment, but those who are blessed are naturally born.

Is one considered weaker than the other or are they on even footing for the most part?
-For this, you just gotta think the actual bird rankings, if you will... What birds are faster, stronger, bigger than the others? That's what matters, I guess.

Why is in this deadly fight? Why does he have to run away after he leaves the fight? Is she threatening his family? Friends? What leverage does a starving girl have? Starving makes me think homeless, dying, not strong and threatening.
-He is in this deadly fight because he picks up scraps to eat, the starving girl wants the scraps, so they fight for it. He is wounded in the fight, and because he's flightless and weak already, he would attract the stronger people, and be killed. The girl, even if homeless, is blessed by an eagle and can fly, so has more power over Re.

Why do people think he's an animal hybrid?
-Because he has wings and eyes of a bird.

Why isn't he?
-He's blessed, not created in a lab as a hybrid. Think soul>body.

Why would he be in danger for not being a hybrid?
- Because humans created those actual hybrids. If he turns out to be something not created, but naturally born, people would want to 'study' him on a lab table with scary things.

His kind? There are more like him?
-Yes. The 'kind' that I am referring to here is the people blessed by raptor deities.

Why would they be in danger too?
-Because if Ren is caught, there is a possibility that the others might be discovered along with him. Ren might inform the humans of things better kept a secret.

Why does he have angel wings if he blessed by an animal?
- I don't really understand this question... Sorry :(

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:15 am
LadySpark says...

Is one considered weaker than the other or are they on even footing for the most part?
-For this, you just gotta think the actual bird rankings, if you will... What birds are faster, stronger, bigger than the others? That's what matters, I guess.

I wasn't really clear, but I meant is one weaker than the other as in a hybrid/being blessed/having the blood of an animal.

Why does he have angel wings if he blessed by an animal?

What I meant was, if he was blessed by an ANIMAL shouldn't he have ANIMAL wings? What do angels have to do with it?

I've got some follow up questions.

How does an animal choose who to bless? Is it divine or is it a birth right or... what?
Why is Ren looking for scraps? Is he homeless too? Or is it just a bird's characteristics coming out?
So he's an oddity in the fact that he has wings/eyes like a bird but he's NOT a hybrid? What are the physical differences between hybrids and blessed and the full blooded ones?
Who creates the hybrids? How?

:) I hope these help as much as the other ones!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer