z

Young Writers Society

A few pointers, if you would be so kind.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:21 pm
MarbleToast says...

Right then. I have some form of story in the works, a fantasy, and I need a little help on what to name it. Personally, I like having a name for everything before I sit down and go, "This is what this is..." but because I haven't got a whole load done with this, the ideas and plot keep evolving in my head, so much so that I can't conjure a name.

To those who say to wait until it's finished before I name it, I'd like a starting point.

A few little things, to help.

1) The world is a bit like Tamriel from The Elder Scrolls franchise. The main continent is called Esmora, and it is split into several provinces. The largest province is Arcadia, while the other second largest is Rethiir, both Deep Rethiir and Cold Rethiir.

2) The plot revolves around a rogue magician, who supposedly protects the realm, killing the King of Arcadia, and a group of has-been warriors and civilians band together to go hunt him down.

Along with suggestions, it would be nice if you put your opinions on whether this is a sound idea, needs tweaking, or forgetting about, at least for now.

Cheers.
~James
Dreams sprout tall so beautiful
to wither and fall off
Old and dusty, creaky and rough
This clockwork will not rest

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:30 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

This might help. It's my go to title article, because I'm terrible at titles myself!

If you are interested in the idea, write it. All ideas can be amazing or terrible based on execution. You haven't actually given me enough of anything to judge the idea.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:44 am
MarbleToast says...

Cheers for the link.
Dreams sprout tall so beautiful
to wither and fall off
Old and dusty, creaky and rough
This clockwork will not rest

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling