z

Young Writers Society

Should this be a novel 2?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:19 am
ccwritingrainbow says...

Okay, I have a second story that I'm not sure if I should continue. It's called Jack, and here's the summary below:

Julia Grace always adored winter without a reason why. After being rescued by a spirt she can only see when she was a child, she longs to meet him again. When she ages, she stops waiting. That's when Jack Frost returns, and he wants Julia to be his bride.

Good or bad? Tell me what to do.
Signed by yours truly, ccwritingrainbow <3

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:51 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

First, we can't actually tell you what to do. It's your story. While we can provide suggestions, but when it comes to your plot and the choices you make, we can't write those for you.

It's also really hard to tell an idea's value just with a summary, because the most we can do is give you potential warnings and things to watch out for. Right now, the most I can say is it sounds similar to Wicked Lovely, but you have certain key differentiations like the fact Jack Frost saved her as a child, and there doesn't seem to be a full court.

And, honestly, I wouldn't worry about the general premise being that similar, because books with that premise are very, very common. People tend to love romance stories, especially with a bit of a supernatural element.

Therefore, if you want to write it, do so! It sounds interesting. You won't really have anything to critique until you write it, get more fleshed out characters, get a plot. Ideas are all potentially amazing or potentially terrible.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:36 am
ccwritingrainbow says...

Thank you.
Signed by yours truly, ccwritingrainbow <3

You have light and peace inside you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.
— Uncle Iroh, Avatar the Last Airbender