z

Young Writers Society

WordPress?

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:20 am
Milanimo says...

I'm thinking of starting a blog and I'm wondering about everyone's thoughts on WordPress. I've heard a lot about it and wanted to know if anyone has any tips or advice for me?

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:07 pm
Tenyo says...

I've heard a lot of good feedback about it, but it depends on how creative you want to be. Last time I went browsing it wasn't the most customisable of blogging sites but it's still quite efficient and neat if that's what you're looking for.

It's also the most popular on the web, so if you want to promote it you'll most likely be doing that through other means than the site itself.

#twocents
We were born to be amazing.

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:21 pm
Apricity says...

I was just about the go to bed when I saw this. Guess I will share my two pennies bout this too.

I'm a WordPresser myself and I actually find it quite insightful and amusing st times. I've gained a lot of good information regarding writing or just general issues in general. If you know where to look, starting a blog is pretty easy is just hard to customize it to your liking. But you will get the knack of it. To start off, just have a read on Freshly Pressed, getting to know the community. Follow some bloggers if you like.

Out of eblogger and WordPress I choose the latter, because I've read some great articles on there.

And if you do make an account and have questions, feel free to ask me. XD
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:41 pm
Aley says...

I am on WordPress too. I use it to compose ideas together and just save tidbits of things. Honestly, if you want to make a blog, that's probably the best place to go. Not only does it have apps for taking your blog everywhere, but it has enough customization that you can do anything and ignore anyone.

It caters to both the inactive and the active, which is great.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 pm
Lava says...

I totally love Wordpress.
(When it comes to customization, I know you can with shelling out a little money).
UI use it to host my blog and I prefer its more professional look than others blog sites.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:28 am
Blackwood says...

Wordpress is a good tool, easy to use, BUT if you are going for the free version you don't get much freedom in the gadgets and extras you put on your page. Basically you get one home page where you can make 'posts' and such that get updated every time, then ontop of that you can make a whole lot of static pages. Even with the free version you get quite a variety of layouts and customization.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes