z

Young Writers Society

Character testing and adoption ground

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Sat May 17, 2014 7:07 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

So, I've wanted to try this for ages now. I know characters are unquiet to each author,cut that doesn't mean we can't have inspirations from other authors. This is the thread where you can post your character up and get help from other authors if you are wondering about I'd your character has a cliche personality, or if you're stuck with a name or anything. 

Or, just for fun. You can create a character using the form below and put it up for adoption! (Those who are adopting a character, just make sure you either ask the creator here or PM them!) 

Form for creating character: 

Name:
Species: (human, fey, elf, whatever else, even a cookie applies) 
Brief history:
What sort of genre they belong in(fantasy, mystery, sci-fi, young adult) 
Personality: 
Appearance (an image would be nice) 
Up for adoption:
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed May 21, 2014 2:26 am
View Likes
eldEr says...

Ooooh, this looks fun~ *tosses a potential adoptee to begin the fun*

Name: Jayla R. Reteli

Species: Modern-day Urban Elf

Brief history: Growing up in modern-day, urban Fairy City in a predominantly Elven community has taking its toll on little Jayla. Raised by two Elf daddies who adopted her from Dad 1's deceased sister, she's been immersed in culture, chick flicks, and feather boas. She's been taught to take Elf culture very seriously, and does so with a grace that Legolas himself would be envious of. She's been homeschooled her entire life, as the public school system is focused on trying to not only integrate, but Human-ise the cultures of the Mythical Creature Association (MCA).

What sort of genre they belong in: Urban fantasy

Personality: Jayla is a fiery one, strutting through life with a sassy sort of class. She's cool, calm and collected, though plays into her Elf-given gender role as a tenderhearted caretaker when need be. She gets stuff done when it needs to get done though, and isn't afraid to get her hands dirty (as long as her daddies don't see her doing so!) She's not passive, but she refuses to take part in arguments that seem to be below her intellect. She also has a way with a crowd, orating until she has them all moved to tears and wishing to fight for her cause.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Likes: Elvish tea, books, ancient Elvish lore, subtle activism, oration, oral history, spoken word poetry, classy dresses, being adored, respected and revered

Dislikes: Unintelligent rebuttals, coffee, Humans For Full Integration (HFFI), sugary cereals

Up for adoption: Yep!
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed May 21, 2014 3:34 am
Holysocks says...

and does so with a grace that Legolas himself would be envious
of.

Yeah, notice in the second Hobbit, he's a bit chunky. Poor guy, I guess he was chubby when he was younger. A bit slower, too. XP
100% autistic

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sun May 25, 2014 4:32 am
eldEr says...

Yeah, notice in the second Hobbit, he's a bit chunky. Poor guy, I guess he was chubby when he was younger. A bit slower, too. XP

Bloom's getting older. I admire him for even being able to keep up with the character :P (honestly, they couldn't have casted Legolas better. Orlando Bloom was perf for that role)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Tue May 27, 2014 6:56 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

I should throw a random character up here or just spam my own thread. xD
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.
— Elias Root Beadle