Young Writers Society

what kind of book do you read?

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:50 am
dhyan says...

What kind of books do you read and why?

How often do you read and how long?

I read books which have anything to do with living. Be it articles, magazines , personal development book and novels. Maybe because I''ve always struggled in life. I want to live in peace and ease.

Oh, I don't really get down to read. Wish I can, but have to much going in life. But I want to change. I hope you can inspire me. Sobbing!
Writing to change myself.

That will change the world.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:56 am
View Likes
Laure says...

I mostly read fantasy books, but sometimes teen fiction as well. There really isn't a define period of time for me, I always go for the fantasy genre I do this because I enjoy taking a part from reality. Fantasy is always much more exciting and surreal, which I suppose is the whole point of fantasy.

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 am
View Likes
fallenoutofgrace says...

I read books to do with fantasy because I like seeing and reading about worlds and creatures that lived during the middle ages ( like dragons,elves) and just reading something. that necessary isn't real, but sparks the magic in your eyes and make you smile.

I read books when I have the chance to wherever I may be and I have time to spare all just grab a book and sit down for as long as I can.

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:16 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

I read Fantasy/Sci-fi with a sprinkle of romance thrown in for good measure! These genres have a special place in my heart as I find it UNBELIEVABLY fascinating that someone can create a world that has come completely from their own imagination.

I mean, how mind blowing is that?! The impossible simply becomes possible on the turn of a page. Jeez - I get all glassy eyed just thinking about it.

I read pretty much all the time. Once I'm stuck on a series, I eat, breathe and live them. All my issues melt away as I'm fighting dragons with a sparkly fairy wand with my favourite characters! :D
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:15 am
Snowery says...

I love fantasy. It's just the best form of escapism for me. Being whisked away to another world where it's just me and the story is awesome. :)

The thing is though that apart from fantasy I'm always searching for another kind of book. The kind that makes me feel. To me this transcends any genre, especially when written well.

I also like books with a strange or mysterious air to it. Not mystery as in crime but a book where there is something that can't be explained or fully understood.

How often I read really depends on the time I have and my uni workload. When I was around 13-17 though I never went anywhere without a book and I could finish a thick book in a day or two. Nowadays though I prefer to take my time and really think about what I'm reading. :)
The World Is Mine.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:16 am
Dreamy says...

Wow, too many fantasy lovers. >.>

But, I love fiction. There are different types of fictions like, Realistic fiction, non-realistic fiction etc. I'd just go for any fictions. They are some what predictable yet not. >.>

They give you the sense of realistic escapism, like a dream. >.> Where you can have your version of endings to the real person. Maybe that's why I like them, my version of ending. :P

I do read other genres, but fictions is what I like the best. Also, mystery. Anything that's dark and gloomy.

I always read any book in a day or two. And keep replaying the scenes for like a month, also debate with self about the ending and the characterization. :D >.<
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:51 am
Apricity says...

I am actually an avid fantasy fan as well, though beside from fantasy I truly love historical novels when they are well-written and accurate. The history the way I view it is a strange and mysterious thing, especially histories not known to us. I like it when they have been skillfully manipulated into a fiction form for readers to enjoy and get a glimpse of what happens in the past.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:54 am
Zolen says...

Fantasy

and Sci-fi

Often I love books that mix the two.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings