z

Young Writers Society

Critique Partner Wanted

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:34 pm
LadyLazarus says...

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I know I'm not super active on this site, mostly because of school, but I've decided I need some help. I've started to lose confidence in my writing--I'm taking a creative writing class and it seems like everyone is better, my work doesn't get as much positive or constructive feedback, and I think the problem lies in that I don't have anyone to bounce stuff off of.

I used to have several critique partners (as Maggie Stiefvater likes to call them) but we were younger and less busy back in those days, and now I feel like I need a solid someone who will always offer something up when I ask. I think I'm not alone in wanting to write something and know there's someone who will help with it, not just hit-and-miss reviewers.

So I'm offering myself up. If anyone feels the same as I do and wants a steady, reliable critique partner, I volunteer. And I know I don't have a lot of work or reviews here on YWS (I did with my old account, I was actually a moderator a few years back), so I'll preface myself.

I write prose, mostly fiction; I'm not a great resource on poetry, but I like to read it and I know what I like. I give thorough, in-depth critiques; I usually read a work at least twice, once for nit-picks and grammatical errors and such, and then another for plot, characters, organization, etc. I believe in being courteous and positive in critiques, but I don't hold back, I'm just respectful about what I say and how I say it.

And this offer is for a partnership. I will return the favor, if you will offer yourself up.

PM me if you're interested or have any questions, I'm totally willing to have trial runs and such. :)

~Laz

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket