z

Young Writers Society

Potential Novel Ideas

Which story sounds the most interesting?

A robot hunting down myths with his creator.
38%
A gay cryptid hunter romance.
38%
A grim reaper bonding with a WII ghost.
23%

Total votes : 13

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:25 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi! You might have seen me posting about a story I was calling SpookyNano over on my wall. Unfortunately, I've come to realize that the current draft of it is too messy to easily revise thanks to a lack of planning. My goal is to have a novel ready for revisions by December, so I've decided to switch stories and write something different for NaNo.

The one problem?

I have too many ideas. I'm not sure which one to actually write. So I thought it would be a good idea to make this poll—I might not go with the story that wins, but it'll at least show me that each idea has some kind of interest.

All of the poll options are simplified versions of the plot, but here are some longer descriptions:

• A middle school book about a robot and his creator that hunt mythological figures and beings, and the girl they meet that seems to be tied up in their last quest. It probably has no romance.
  • A YA/adult book about a reporter trying to do a cute travel piece on Point Pleasant's Mothman Festival, and the dangerous cryptid hunter who he keeps running into. It's a gay romance with one-sided enemies to lovers, but the romance is mutual.
  • A probably YA book about a grim reaper, a WWII ghost, and an antique shop in New York City.

If you have any questions or extra thoughts about these stories, let me know! Talking about them might help me decide which one to do, too.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:23 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks for voting, everyone who did! I ended up going with The Cryptid Hunters, but I'm happy to know there's an interest in my other stories, too. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown