z

Young Writers Society

The best books ever!

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:11 pm
Holysocks says...

@thegirlwhowrites Haha yeah, I'm done the first book in the Hunger Games, and I thought it was great! I know it sounds horrible, but I LOVED the Tracker Jackers! They're soooo good! XD

And thanks for the other book ideas! :3
100% autistic

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:13 pm
View Likes
ConverseFireGirl says...

Another Hunger Games fan! Oh my GOODNESS. thegirlwhowrites has a damn fine book taste! XD :pirate3:
Our hearts are wild beasts, that's why our ribs are cages.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:58 pm
View Likes
thegirlwhowrites says...

omg ahaha @ConverseFireGirl thanks ;)
“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.”

-Will Herondale

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:14 am
View Likes
Zolen says...

I shall revive this purely to see what favorite books people have found now, as this is the perfect topic for that sort of thing now.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:07 am
Holysocks says...

I was wondering where this thread went to. I wanted to start reading people's favourites again!
100% autistic

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:44 am
View Likes
thenewyorker says...

I have a few favorite books, but two that immediately come to mind; Graceling and the girl who could fly
I know the girl could fly seems like the lamest thing ever, but it's the reason I started reading and then writing in the first place
thenewyorker[/center]

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:13 am
View Likes
AttackOfTheFlash says...

My favorite book ever is Fell. It's the sequel to The Sight (my second favorite book ever.) It's a fantasy novel with a touch of supernatural themes mixed in. Although both books are quite lengthy, they're great reads!
Are you living or simply existing?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:23 pm
View Likes
Gladergrande says...

The Maze Runner series of course!!!! Hehehe.

Oh and also these:

"Falling Into Place" by Amy Zhang. I once read it at midnight and I couldn't sleep because even if you've closed the book, it'll bug your mind.

"Lullabies" and "Love & Misadventure" by Lang Leav. These two books melted my heart!!! Read both at one sitting because the poems and short essays will keep you turning its pages.

"To All the Boys I've Loved Before" by Jenny Han. It's the perfect book for teenage girls looking for some light romance/YA kind of book.

"Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. Every page holds a life lesson. Just the perfect read.

GUESS WHAT? There's just too many to mention! Haha. Oh but let me just add, "A MAngo-Shaped Space" by Wendy Mass is one of the best books ever, too :D

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:29 pm
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

My favorite book would be Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. My favorite series would be the Shadow Saga, also by Orson Scott Card.
My entire family loves The Last Dragon by Silvana Di Mari (if you're into audio books then you'll be happy to know that this one is read really well).
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:19 am
Zolen says...

The Tapestry Series
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:48 am
Burrow says...

MATHEW REAILLY Anything by Mathew reilly is amazing he is the best author, I love scarecrow his series, but the other books are epic tooooo, like I loved reading before, but Mathew reailly changed me, I read a 500 page book of his in 4 hours, I was dead haha, he is amazing, if you like action and adventure!
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg