z

Young Writers Society

What's your favorite Fantasy book?

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:26 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

So far.. I'd day that I really dig The Name of the Wind, from the Kingkiller Chronicle trilogy by Patrick Rothfuss. I have yet to read the second tome.
...I have yet to read it in English, actually.

EDIT: OH WAIT.
There's also the Chronicles of the Emerged World series, the Eragon series (loved that ending), the Ewilan series, the Tara Duncn Series, the Percy Jackson series (and I do include Heroes of Olympus)...
Yup. MANY choices.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:02 am
ClackFlip says...

Too many to choose.
LotR (All of 'em.) It's lord of the rings. No further explanation.
Deadbeat (Dresden Files) Two words: Zombie T-Rex
Brandon Sanderson's complete portfolio: Has he written a bad book? Not in my opinion.
The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller Chronicle, the second is best)
The Shadow Rising: (Wheel of Time book four.)
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.
And like ash in the wind, he was gone.
The man who lived.
The myth long forgotten.
The legend that lives on.
*poof*

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:36 pm
View Likes
Harker says...

Some people have said this already, I think, but definitely the entire Eragon series. They're awesome.

Oh, and as @Megrim and @Meandbooks wrote... Brandon Sanderson is amazing. I love The Rithmatist.
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:30 pm
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Why did I never reply to this the first time around? :0

Favourite has to be The Raven Cycle books by Maggie Stiefvater. Her writing is just whoa, and the characters are amazingly developed. The incorporation of magic into the real world is done in a really believable way, as well, and the second book is one of my absolute favourite books I have read.

There's alos the Skulduggery Pleasant books, which are just so much fun, and also emotionally tormenting. They were a major constant through my life for several years, and I cried when I finished the last one, not because the ending was sad but because I'd never read a Skulduggery Pleasant book for the first time again. After nine books (not counting the novella or any of the short stories) and five years of my life, it was hard to say good bye. They were awesome to grow up with. If you haven't read them, definitely recommend.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

Hi everyone who clicks on my profile!...Um, not quite sure what else to do here. Yup, definitely new at this! XD
— Magebird