z

Young Writers Society

YWS Birthday Bash!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:51 pm
Rydia says...

Guess whose birthday it is! That's right, on the 14th November, next week, our beloved YWS turns 8! And to celebrate the YWS staff are putting on a series of events so come down to chat and parteh!

Here's what we've got planned so far, but expect there to be updates throughout the week so please come back and check the thread regularly:

All Week

YWS Story Contest: Keep an eye out for this on Monday. The theme will be octopuses (octopi?) and you will have until Friday to submit your entry. Judged by the awesome Master_Yoda; get your thinking caps on!

YWS Scavenger Hunt: This time we have a scavenger hunt with a difference! Check the lounge on Tuesday to join in with the searching fun and discover something new about YWS or take a trip down memory lane. This event will end on Saturday and is brought to you by Rydia.

Monday 12th November

Chat Games: If you're not familiar with these, feel free to read up on the rules or simply come along and pick them up as you go! They're all quick and easy and we'll start with a few rounds of wink murder, then move on to YWS cluedo. Rydia will be your host.

[Additional slot and a change to durations!]

3:00am EST
8:00am GMT
9:00am BST
7:00pm Sydney (Daylight savings time)

2:00pm EST
7:00pm GMT
8:00pm BST (British time)
6:00am Sydney (Daylight savings time) [November 13th]

Expected duration: half an hour to one hour per session. Feel free to join or leave at any time.

Wednesday 14th November

Birthday Word Wars: NaNo and YWS combine to give you words wars with a twist. Come on down and see if you can't catch up on some of those missing words! Rydia will be your host.

2:00pm EST
7:00pm GMT
8:00pm BST (British time)
6:00am Sydney (Daylight savings time) [November 15th]

Expected duration: one hour.

Saturday 17th November

Monkeys vs Dragons: Of course it would not be the birthday week without our annual face off of the YWS mascots! Whether you're a supporter already or just starting out, come on down to take part in the Mascot Quiz and see if you can help your team take home the gold! Rydia will be your host.

5:00pm EST
10:00pm GMT
9:00am Sydney (Daylight savings time) [November 18th]

Expected duration: one hour.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:38 pm
Rydia says...

I'm bumping this for changes to tomorrow's events! There is now an extra time slot on tomorrow's chat games and as such the other will run for a shorter time.

If you were planning on coming later though, then please say so here as I am still available then so I could always run it longer.
Writing Gooder

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:55 am
Rydia says...

Chat is currently down so the first games session will take place in a google doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uyt ... h4wkE/edit

I'll update you before the second session to let you know if the same applies for that one.

This is starting in five minutes, please feel free to come along.
Writing Gooder

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:03 pm
RedMoon says...

About the YWS story contest: Are there any rules? I've never participated in one of these before so, yeah. And it has to be about anything about octopuses?
Remember, God loves you!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:22 pm
Rydia says...

The rules and guidelines can be found here, best of luck!
Writing Gooder

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:03 pm
Stori says...

It seems I missed all the fun! Oh well; I shall probably be in attendance next year.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 pm
Rydia says...

Not all of it! There's only three hours to go before the YWS Mascot Wars and there are some awesome questions this year (if I do say so myself).
Writing Gooder

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:59 pm
Rydia says...

Because Heather is fail she had the times wrong so please double check, they are now correct! This event is in two hours. Thank you.
Writing Gooder

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:12 am
ShootingStars says...

Poop! I missed it... :( I'm always late for events! But, as Gandalf says, "A wizard is never late. He arrives precisely when he means to!" :D Haha

Hope y'all had fun!
---Stars
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights