z

Young Writers Society

Most Disturbing Films

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:37 am
Galatea says...

Saw. Those movies made me laugh.

The Hills Have Eyes. Not good, but sufficiently creepy.

Donny Darko. Always leaves me unsettled.

Fight Club. Ditto.

Number one, though? Definitly Silence of the Lambs. Gives me chills EVERY time I see it.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:30 am
Nai says...

I'd have to agree with Chandni.. Saw 2 was just gruesome and gritty to me. That's obviously the reason people watched it, but some of that stuff, I can't watch. Even though I know for a fact it's either fake or made moderately safe, I still cringe to know it's possible and someone actually thought it up. For instance, the pool of saringes, or the razor box trap, or the cage of barbed wire... okay, well basically every little death game they had in that movie. The first wasn't as bad, I actually liked it. It had two firm main characters, a solid plot, and the overall theme of desparation and values.

Now there's one film.. it's called "Ichi" I believe, and it's an asian horror film. And if you know much about horror films, you'd know that asian horror tends to be MUCH more graphic, eerie... generally a lot more "screwed up" than american horror. I'll tell you the truth, I turned away at so many parts in the movie I didn't really actually follow the story much. From what I do know, Ichi is a psychotic serial killer that tries to fight for good, but he's insane and ends up saving someone, but killing them in turn. Meanwhile there's another story off to the side involving some sort of gang leader into brutal torture and self-mutilation.
EBM, if you want a disturbing movie to see, this is definately something to check into. It's called "Ichi The Killer".

And i'm sorry, but the broken glass whip scene in Passions of the Christ was also disturbing to me and made me queasy
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:18 am
Elizabeth says...

I would also have to say House of Wax, though I only saw it in 30 minutes (because Alex kept fast-damn-forewarding) it was sick and twisted... and all but 2 people died but ... the Akiles (sp?) tendent got cut on a guy who died and whenever I think of it I get freaked out... It was sick... Something Vernon would like.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:17 am
tinny says...

Battle royal! It's mindlessly violent, which in a way is quite fun. It's disturbing but I like it, though I know a few people that can't watch it all the way through.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:20 pm
LamaLama says...

I think Resevoir Dogs definately takes the cake on this one.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:25 pm
Fishr says...

The most...?

Off the top of my head, almost any movie that was made from Stephan King was creepy. The Stand, and The Langloiers were pretty disturbing. :P
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:27 am
Myth says...

fishr wrote:Off the top of my head, almost any movie that was made from Stephan King was creepy.

I hate going to bed after watching one of his movies. After watching Sleepwalkers as I kid I still have nightmares.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:03 am
Teeeeo. says...

Mine is prolly Crossroads... It was disturbing to ME xD Britney Spears having a life? Heh, guess how ironic that is compared to nowadays xD

Or maybe The Ring... I don't know, I usually like disturbing movies... BUT NOT CROSSROADS (O_O)

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:20 am
LamaLama says...

Stephen King? His movies? Really?

The best one was The Shining... and that was just good enough to pass.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:59 am
supercanti says...

A Clockwork Orange was pretty "disturbing" I guess.
I dont know if this would count but Fight Club was kinda disturbing with the twist
Pi was twisted.
Meet the Feebles was messed up.
Donnie Darko was creepy.

Theres more, but yeah Ive seen some messed up movies and loved them all :D.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 am
Snoink says...

Viridiana. Omg. I mean, it totally blasts the bible and all that the bible stands for. And it's just so creepy, from all the rape scenes to the -- eep. It's not gross, but it's definitely creepy.

Night of the Hunter. It makes death seems so pretty, but that just makes it worse. And the poor little kiddies! Pschological? Oh yeah...

Cape Fear. Just watching an itty bitty scene made me want to squeal! EEP!

Sunset Blvd. I'm pretty sure it's the old house, but something about it just creeps me out.

Ciudad de los Perros. Eep. Scary stuff. Made me want to cringe and stuff. The main character's a poet though...

There's more, but that's at the top of my head.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:36 am
View Likes
Teufelshund says...

Fahrenheit 9/11

I had nightmares.

Seriously, I haven't ever been disturbed by a movie; I usually avoid the horror genre.
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:06 am
Elizabeth says...

THE GRUDGE 2 WAS SOME DISTURBING CRAP!
I'm serious... I mean like 12 people died but, it's like, so what? There was no ending and there isn't a 3rd one... so watch the damn American Media try to produce an even crappier 3rd one.

Even the part with the frying pan got out of hand... IT WAS SUPPOSED OT BE OVER COFFEE NOT BACON!!!

I don't know, I finally stopped having nightmares because I stopped thinking about it *Grins* ... ZUT!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:56 pm
Areida says...

Fight Club. Fascinating, but still disturbing.

Vanilla Sky. I never did finish this one, but I was watching it on TV at about three in the morning and sleeping during the commericials. It was so... weird.

The Neverending Story (and all it's creepy sequels). That wolf thing in the first one made me cry when I was little.

IT. Serious paranoia and nightmares followed me for two years after the first time I saw this in fourth grade. *shudder*

Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland. SO. CREEPY. If you guys ever have kids, keep this one far away from them. It's just... wrong... It also gave me nightmares.

The Princess and the Goblin. See above. I was scared to death of the goblin prince as a little girl. Except I watched this sometime last year and it was pretty dang funny because my dad was making fun of the gay little kid who was singing and calling the princess's cat Turnip "Turd-nip." Hehe.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:40 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Yeah, Little Nemo and The Never Ending Story CREEPED ME OUT when I was a kid. I guess you could say I found those disturbing.

I found Hotel Rwanda and The Killing Fields a little disturbing because they were about actual people and actual events that happened within the last few decades. The Killing Fields more so, because the film was more graphic. They are both excellent movies though. Mississippi Burning was a little disturbing too, but also very good.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming