Keyboard/Computer
58%

Total votes : 33

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:43 am
SirTobes says...

Which one do you prefer to write with?
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:47 pm
View Likes
youngwolf1105 says...

actually I do both. I write it on paper first then type it.
We were made to corageous,
We're taking back the fight.
We were made to be corageous,
And it starts with us tonight.

And the only way we'll stand,
Is on our knees with lifted hands.
Make us corageous,
Lord make us corageous. - Casting Crowns

Reviews: 1
Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:55 pm
View Likes
elms says...

Writing longhand is great in theory, but I've realized just how little I'm able to write before the crampy hands kick in. :( I also appreciate the way keyboards let you get things down on the page faster without having to dwell for too long. Plus, it's much easier to reword or revise in a word processor.
So yes, I definitely prefer computers and keyboards!
I'm a kind of paranoiac in
reverse. I suspect people of
plotting to make me happy.

J. D. SALINGER

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:14 am
alwaysawriter says...

It depends. Most things I type on my computer or iPod but, if I get bored or have no other choice, I use either my typewriter or write by hand. I have tendinitis so writing longhand is the last thing I want to do; anything repetitive will set it off. But, yeah: usually iPod or computer.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:46 pm
Emerson says...

I have grown to have a deep fetish for hand writing. It's so romantic and mentally stimulating. It's actually been studied that students who write their notes remember them better than those who type. It's a natural thing to do.

I write all my ideas, outlines, thoughts down. I type the story itself. I think more free in handwriting, but I edit better in a word doc.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:04 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

I handwrite everything. I think I really got into it more when I got a beautiful pen as a gift. I have an excuse to actually write with it.

After, though, I type it and edit as I go through.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:07 pm
Napier says...

Both.
Handwriting feels nicer, but the computer is more organised.
So, I'm getting into the habit of writing then typing.
“It is the tale, not he who tells it.”
― Stephen King

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
― Stephen King

Formerly BadlyDrawnLightning

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:51 am
Nargles says...

I like to get some ideas down on a notepad but generally I use a keyboard as it is so much quicker and I don't get hands cramps!
Don't let the Nargles bite.
And don't let a dementor kiss you good night.

It's a charm actually. It keeps away the Nargles- Luna

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:04 am
SirTobes says...

Poor old pencil and paper.
9 vs 5.
Aww.
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

Reviews: 1
Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:14 am
Milomex says...

I really do like the idea of the 'old' (never really gets old, does it? ;) ) pen(cil) and paper, but I've become so skilled at typing that writing everything down makes me a little impatient. I still do it from time to time, though, just to get away from the screen for once.

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:46 am
GeeLyria says...

Depends.

I like to write poetry with pencil, and my stories on the keyboard. :)
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:39 am
View Likes
Caerulean says...

Typing definitely. One: My penmanship's not really good. Two: It's hard to add things in between of what you are writing. (It's easy to edit on a computer) Three: I tend to erase so much. Four: I feel like I've already written long enough but when I type it on Word, it's not the whole page! Five: I write slow. >.<

I love the idea of 'writing' literary works though. Looks so classic and 'professional', if you know what I mean. xD
“(...) and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

The reason I voted for Pencil/Paper is simply the same reason I voted for books instead of a nook. There can be some idiot wanting to destroy the world, so he/she puts out a bug that wipes the whole world of technology. That would get rid of all the work. If you had a backup copy on paper, like I do, You will still be safe. :smt002

~Arah~
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 pm
writerwithacause says...

Keyboard (laptop) because that way I can store my writing somewhere I know it's not easy to find. I just don't trust papers anymore. They can get lost too easily. And people might find them and read them... I'm really secretive when it comes to my writing.
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:22 pm
Tenyo says...

Definately keyboard.

I always try to write faster than I can think, so when I read back what I've written in ink it always looks like a two year old has scribbled across the page.

Although! I do like taking my notepad to the park, or writing in the bath, and I can't do that on a keyboard. That's when I do most of my thinking writing rather than my 'get this onto a page' writing.
We were born to be amazing.

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.
— George Eliot