z

Young Writers Society

MaNo (No, not the illness)

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:52 pm
View Likes
Paracosm says...

Hey ya'll! I can't wait for November, and I seriously need to do some writing. I've decided to do MaNo, like NaNo, but in March. I'm not much of a self-motivator, so I was wondering if anyone else was interested in participating? It'll be good practice for NaNo, plus, you don't have to do 50,000 words, you can just set a word count that you feel you can accomplish.

Please! I can't do it alone! (I can, but it won't be nearly as fun.) Join me in our endeavor! I can't wait another nine months, and I hope you can't either!
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:19 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I might consider doing MarNo. I really need the drive to focus on one thing and stay focused on it. WriMos help me with this, though not all the time. (I failed my last MarNo back in...oh, lordy. What year was it? '08? '09? I think... Failed it. Didn't get past 3,000 words... Anyway...)

Ahem. Anyhow. I'm up for it. It just depends on whether I'm actually moving during March or not, and how busy I am with or without that.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

178 Reviews

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:01 am
View Likes
Paracosm says...

Woohoo! Sounds good. I failed at NaNo badly this year. I don't think I broke 5,000 words.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:48 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

xD I got 50k during NaNo.
I was 8 minutes away from midnight, but still. Anyway, I might, depending on if I go to my god parents.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:39 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

I'll probably strive for 20k this MaNo.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:52 am
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

Count me in!
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:24 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Maaaaaybe... maybe not.

I say this because although I have a plot bunny in my mind right now, I was going to do it for real NaNo. I said that to my characters because a. I need to dream more about the idea and b. I need to finish draft two of my current novel.

Since I don't have exams next month, I'm considering to do it for my second novel. I'll probably do it in chapters, so I'll aim to reac chapter 12 by the end!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:22 pm
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

I'm in too. No exams either. Especially since we have Spring Break next month, I'll have more time for MaNo. I aim to finish my novel by then. Haven't really started, but got the idea and plot ready. Have it outlined, so March 1st, I'm going to start typing furiously to finish it.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:00 am
View Likes
Tenyo says...

MaNo sounds like a really tough, masculine version of NaNo, which in itself is an amusing image to conjour XD

But I'm totally up for MaNo! It will take my mind off the every looming and intolerably wicked month to follow: Script Frenzy.
We were born to be amazing.

9 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:12 pm
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

Just noticed the date.......the 27th.....not that long.....MaNo starts Thursday.... Pumped up! I just wrote the final outline so I can have an idea on my novel. That way I won't forget it by then. Good luck to all the participants!
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

178 Reviews

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:53 pm
Paracosm says...

Woohoo! Two days until MaNo starts off! What's your word count/goal? I myself am shooting for fifty thousand words or the completion of my novel! Whichever comes first.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

9 Reviews

Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:49 am
View Likes
ArahAkachi1 says...

Same! Starts tomorrow, I'm aiming to finish my novel, up to Chapter 12 in outline and NOT FINISHED O_O

178 Reviews

Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:03 pm
Paracosm says...

Yay! MaNo has kicked off! Good luck everyone! Feel free to brag or moan about your word count!

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:07 pm
Blues says...

MarNo is nearly over!

*word wars like crazy*

9 Reviews

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:14 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

I gave up, partly because my Word trial expired. The other reason, I couldn't focus.

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest