z

Young Writers Society

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:48 am
Attolia says...

1) Where would you want to go today? If you had the money and the time, where would you go right now?

2) Where do you want to see before you die?

3) Where have you been so far? What's your favorite city/region of the world?

I'll answer the last question first. My family has neither the money nor the ambition to travel much. Internationally, all I can say I've been to is northern Mexico. Which, as a Southern Californian growing up in a bilingual town, isn't saying much. I want to travel so badly. I want to go everywhere.

Right now, I so badly want to go to:
-Cairo, Jerusalem, Damascus, Homs, Baghdad, Istanbul

Sense a theme? I used to want to go to Europe ASAP, but in light of stuff-going-on-in-the-world (!!!!) and becoming more into ancient history, it no longer has the foreground. That, and I'll hopefully be studying abroad in the UK next year.

Places I want to see before I die (well, and preferably while I'm still young):
-the Sahara, safari-type sub-Saharan Africa, India, Nepal, the Great Wall, all the Chinese topography I've fallen in love with from Crouching Tiger, Moscow, Greek Isles slash ancient Greek cities, Italy, Morocco, Machu Picchu and Cusco, Buenos Aries, some intensive UK and Ireland traveling, and some of the major European cities

That's all I can think of now, but there's probably more. Your turn! :)

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:10 am
inkwell says...

This is lame, but my ideal answer is everywhere. I love traveling. :)
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

Reviews: 1
Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:39 pm
SunshineandCarnage says...

DISNEY. WORLD. YES! :D
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:51 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

1) Where would you want to go today? If you had the money and the time, where would you go right now? Australia and New Zealand. Totes. I want summer! XD

2) Where do you want to see before you die? Egypt, the Great Wall of China, Amazon Jungle, and I want to take a month or so vacation in the middle of Africa, with all the wild animals.

3) Where have you been so far? What's your favorite city/region of the world? I've been to the Netherlands, France, the ABC Islands (Netherlands Antilles), and Jamaica.
I liked Paris, France best as a city but I'm in love with the whole country of the Netherlands... Everyone was so kind and it was gorgeous there! :D
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:09 pm
Niebla says...

I love this topic! I've never been too keen on the waiting around and sitting in cars/on planes side of travelling but I love seeing new places and gaining more experience of the world.

1) Right now? I think I would go somewhere near the equator, perhaps a place like Malaysia. I think this just might have something to do with the fact that the horrible cold winter weather’s really getting on my nerves and I could do with some warmth! The downside would be the humidity. But if I could go anywhere right now, I’d almost definitely go somewhere hot. Somewhere near the equator, or possibly even Egypt – I’d love to see what it’s like there.

2) There is one main thing I’m almost desperate to see before I die – the Northern Lights. They’re absolutely beautiful. I would love more than anything to have the chance to go to Alaska and see them before I die. Not to mention that it would be a beautiful place to visit even without the Northern Lights. There are, however, lots more things I would love to see in my lifetime. I’d like to see New York, China, Spain … just about everywhere, really!

3) I’ve been to France (it was amazing) Belgium (a day-long school trip – their chocolates are amazing!) Croatia (I actually lived there for a few years. It’s amazing and it’s great being so near the sea.) I’ve also been to Llubjana, Slovenia, which was an amazing place. It seemed quite old fashioned really, with cobbled stone paths and beautiful architecture. I currently live in England. I think that out of all the places I’ve seen, Slovenia might just be my favourite, but hopefully I’ll get the chance to see more amazing places over time.

(I'd also like to go to just about every place that all of you have already mentioned.) :wink:

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:07 pm
murtuza says...

inkwell wrote:This is lame, but my ideal answer is everywhere. I love traveling. :)

This.

And I don't think there's anything lame about that. ;)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:36 am
Cumulus says...

1) Where would you want to go today? If you had the money and the time, where would you go right now?

At this very second? My first thought is Bora bora, and also Hawaii. I've always wanted to visit there. I would also like to travel all over Europe, to England, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, France, etc.

Pretty much all of the places I said above.

I've travelled to both sides of Canada, the Pacific Coast more then once. I've been to Minneapolis a lot, and I've also been to Orlando, Florida, although we didn't really go out of Disney World much.

My favourite region of the world...probably Banff and Jasper. I love the Rocky Mountains!

Next year I get to travel to Paris with my school which I am so excited for! I love travelling.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:15 am
Attolia says...

Thanks for the answers so far guys! Such a fun topic to think about.

And no, it is lame, because we all want to go everywhere :). Let me rephrase myself to force you guys to be decisive. Hehe. You suddenly have 4 weeks free of any responsibility and $4k that can only be used for traveling. Where is your first flight to?

My first is LAX to Cairo.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:48 am
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Cumulus! Banff and Jasper are beautiful <3

Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, India, New York, Chicago, New Mexico.

Ireland and Sweden most definitely!

I've been all over Western Canada and as far as Eastern Canada, just east of Gatineau in Quebec. I've been to California, Minnesota, Illinois, New York, Mexico, Germany, Turkey.

My favourite region must be the coast of the Black Sea. When I was in Turkey, I had the chance to stay at a villa there for a few days in a small sea-side village called Sile. It was just wonderful.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:08 pm
Lava says...

inkwell wrote:This is lamewin, but my ideal answer is everywhere. I love traveling. :)

Precisely that.

1. Whole of India - North, East and West. Seen South.

2. See Earth from space.

3. Four South Indian states, Kolkata. Singapore
Kuala Lampur
Switzerland
Paris
Dubai(sorta during transit wait)

I guess I loved Swiss and the people there a lot. Interlaken - a place I'd consider romantic/adventire fun. And just about everuwhere there.
Moo.

Also. Lavvie. Visit me when you's here!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:23 pm
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

France, PARIS. I have a great love for anything French, and I don't know why. But I do. FRANCE<3

FRANCE (Definitely.), UK, Great Barrier Reef, Great Wall of China, Victoria Falls, Angel Falls, The Amazon Forest, Petra, Macchu Pichu, and I've always wanted to see the Aurora Borealis. So, any place from where I can see the Aurora Borealis too.

Weeeeeeell, I've been to Europe mostly. Switzerland (Lucerne), Austria, Netherlands and Germany. Besides that, I've also been to Kenya and Egypt. And of course, India. My favourite place, though, was Netherlands. Just so beautiful and picturesque and green and <3 Oh, and this palace that I saw in Germany. It's called Newschwanstein Castle and it's amazing.

Spoiler! :
That's the castle~

Also, so much love for this thread. <3
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:44 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

America! I really want to go to New York, I don't know if it would live up to the idea of it in my head from what I've seen in sitcoms etc, but it looks amazing, so I am absolutely determined to go there even if I have to go all by myself. I love America. I'd like to go to Hawaii, California, perhaps Chicago, maybe Washington... I've been to Florida five times and I absolutely adore it. So many brilliant things have come out of America, and if I had to emigrate to anywhere, I would go to America.

Also, I'd like to go to China, and explore Europe - places like Norway, Finland, France (I've been there once, but a long time ago), Oh, and I'd love to see the Northern Lights. Oh and stay in the Ice Hotel! And go to Italy, definitely. But America! Definitely America. <3 (The word America looks really weird to me now.)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:04 pm
RacheDrache says...

Tibet or India. A close third is home.

Short answer is "as many places as I can get too." Longer answer includes: Mt. Everest, the Andes, the Appalachians, more of the Alps, more of the Sierras. The Black Forest, both poles, Victoria Falls, the Grand Canyon, the Amazon, the bamboo forests of China. The list goes on and includes all sorts of cities and such, but I'm partial to visiting the nature of the world rather than the cities of it.

Born and raised in southern, central, and northern California. Been over a lot of the western US, but never further than Minnesota, and I was never in Mexico. I've seen Vancouver in Canada. Otherwise...

Germany: Muenster, Cologne, Essen, Stuttgart, Munich, Berlin
Austria: Vienna, Salzburg
Ireland: Dublin
Norway: Oslo, Rygge

And my favorite is Dublin. It was the first city I ever traveled to by myself and saw by myself and nothing can replace how awesome that was. (And Dublin is also awesomeness in and of itself.)

And, very soon, Oxford and London and then Helsinki, Finland and Krakow, Poland!
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 pm
SunshineandCarnage says...

Mr. Matt Bellamy and Miss Rachael Elg- I'm from North Eastern United States, Indiana to be exact. Indiana is one of those states that is not famous for anything, but that's part of her charm. She is hills and valleys, rivers and lakes, highways and gravel roads, cities and villages. I was born in Columbus, Indiana, raised in Greensburg, Indiana, and even though I love to travel, I would never think of leaving my beloved home state. If you come to this part of the U. S., please come visit the Hoosier State. They don't call her "Crossroads of America" for nothing! :)
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:41 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

I would want to see the English countryside. That's something I've wanted to visit for such a long time.

I actually keep a document titled "Places to see before I die". xD So far, it holds the Père-Lachaise Cemetery and the Montparnasse Cemetery in Paris (I've been to Paris but not the cemeteries), where the wall of Berlin broke, Parthenon, Pompeii, Stonehenge and Bath. I'd also like to travel to Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Greenland, and Canada (specifically Prince Edward Island). Oh, and Isle of Skye in Scotland. And Brownsea Island. And Wales, and Tierra del Fuego and the Cape of Good Hope. There are so many places I want to go to. In case you didn't guess.

Well, I live in Finland. I've been to Sweden, Norway (but not properly, only so that one of my feet was in northernmost Finland and one in Norway... okay, I did step fully in Norway as well), Denmark, Estonia, the UK (Scotland and England), Ireland, France, Germany, Liechtenstein, Greece, Thailand, Tanzania, Kenya, and the US (New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, California and Oregon). Oh, and I've been to the Canada side of Niagara Falls, so I guess that counts too.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian