z

Young Writers Society

Those Bomblings seemed like a good idea at the time....

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:38 am
GoldenQuill says...

This is Legend of Zelda-related. More specifically, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Yes, we're writers, not gamers, but come on, this is a website full of teenagers; somebody ought to be able to help me.
If this is the wrong place for this, then please excuse me. I saw random discussions and thought perhaps I could get some help...

I've always loved the Legend of Zelda, but hated one thing.
Bombs.
I've gotten better at them as I've gone on, but I just can't stand them for some weird reason. No matter how fast/efficient I was, I always felt the heavy, fatal draft of the bomb I set off, and it really seemed pointless to me.
That's why when I heard about Bomblings, my interest was sparked.
Bomblings are these tiny bombs that basically walk in a straight line and explode on contact with whatever they hit. Having gotten the letter about this, I rushed to replace my out-of-date water bombs with the new, fashionable Bomblings.
... Except, now I'm sort of regretting my decision.

I'm in Snowpeak Temple, and if you'll recall to the far reaches of your mind, there's an area where you have to slide through a maze with a cannonball in your hand and then get it in the cannon and explode it.
Which is all fine, if you had a bomb you could simply place in the in the hole.
But guess what bright young person doesn't...?
I'll give you a hint--she's the same idiot that, by now, would be using "a lot of punctuation!" according to Yahoo! Answers.
I've tried everything. Arrow bombing it (which doesn't work, and now I've run out of arrows), standing at far distances, standing close up... nothing. I'm doomed to be dead.
Anyone, can you help?
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:38 am
Lauren2010 says...

Warp out and buy regular bombs? That's really the best advice I can offer.

I loathed that Temple.

Not as much as the darn Twilight Temple or whatever toward the end of the game. *grumbles incoherently*
Got YWS?

144 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:44 am
GoldenQuill says...

Tis fixed!
I'm now to that part with the ball-and-chain guard.
Bothersome, that's the only word for it.

I'm actually liking this temple. Why didn't you like it? My least favorite so far was Arbiter's Grounds.
formerly ZlyWilk

541 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:55 am
Lauren2010 says...

OhgoshArbiter'sGrounds.

I guess I didn't mind Snowpeak Temple too badly. But I think it took me ages to get through and figure out, so it was just frustrating more than anything. xD
Got YWS?

144 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 am
GoldenQuill says...

That place is such a nightmare. I have to admit though, he's been my favorite boss (Stallord, that is). And I've gone from having no hand-eye coordination to actually being able to defeat these guys, so I'm fairly proud of myself.

Ahahah. Do you have the guidebook? My friend gave me the game and with it let me borrow the book. It was such a blessing, without it I'd be totally stuck sometimes. I always try to figure it out on my own. Usually do; for about a minute, ahaha. I also liked sliding on the leaf to the temple. It was pretty exciting.

Was the Twilight Palace your least favorite temple?
formerly ZlyWilk

541 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:28 pm
Lauren2010 says...

No I didn't have the guidebook when I played, but a few times I had to look up guides online to figure out what I was doing. Like the Forest Temple (or whatever it's actually called). I got stuck in there so many times for some reason.

And Twilight Palace is terrifying! I don't know if you've played through there yet but...
Spoiler! :
Those hands! That float! And follow you and try to steal the orbs back! My nerves couldn't handle that escape. I was playing through the game a second time a while ago and ended up stopping at that temple because it was so awful trying to do it again. xD

I don't know which Temple I would call my favorite. But I loved the boss at the temple in the sky (gah, I'm so bad at names. Obviously that means I should play it again). Dragons and double hookshots FTW!
Got YWS?

144 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:33 pm
GoldenQuill says...

I actually haven't played through it before, so thanks for the warning!

Forest Temple was diasterous. It was my first Zelda dungeon ever too. Wonder why they made it so difficult.
formerly ZlyWilk

When Larry King retires in 120 years John Mulaney should replace him.
— The Internet