z

Young Writers Society

Gratitude and Returning

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:53 am
GoldenQuill says...

I've been a member of this site for... a while.
A long, long while.
I put my book up here, any random things I wrote... and I think this was one of the most important websites to me.
Are you catching all the past tenses in here?
Today I was prompted back to ole YWS because someone mentioned something about 'Hypocrites'.
I wrote a poem called 'Hypocrite' what feels like a forever ago. Knowing I posted it on here, I went to retrieve it. But my dear YWS has much changed since then, and since for the life of me I can't figure out how to get to my profilio, I searched in the search engine.
The word 'Hypocrite' brought nothing up in the search engine... but my name did.
No, not my real name. Goldenquill. And not just stories I wrote or people commenting on them. Some things I have never, ever seen.
For example: The YWS Yearbook. I didn't even know we HAD a yearbook. I was astounded to find out I was mentioned... by quite a few people.
I was also listed by one person as being a good reviewer.
I was shocked that not only people remembered me, but I made enough of an impression on this site to be remembered and talked about. I wasn't the most discussed subject, of course, but I was mentioned, and that speaks volumes.
And with that, I've decided to extend a huge thank you to everyone who has said such kind things about me. It really, truly means a lot.
And on that note, I've decided to return! To come back to YWS world, if you will. I miss the people and late night discussions and everything. Maybe someone's up at this horrible time of morning even now, sitting behind a screen and reading these words, and will perhaps respond?

A quick run-through of my "new" life:
I'm fifteen years old, apparently. I feel more like 30, gaaahhhhhh.
I'm playing The Legend of Zelda. Holla.
I'm considering switching my major to Psychology. First I should learn how to spell it without backspacing nine times, however.
I'm learning how to play the flute. Tips?
I'll be sixteen this approaching month. If you're not at my party, our friendship will be seriously questioned.
I'm always awake. Even when nothing else is. Like at 1 AM.
I have basically no friends, but that's okaaaay.
And there's nothing else to say.

This was long, but we're writers, so deal.
Thanks for reading, and hopefully responding guys!
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:19 am
Payne says...

Hey there, GoldenQuill, and welcome back! (I realize that we don't know each other, but oh well...)

I'm glad you've rediscovered your old stomping grounds, so to speak. The site has changed quite a bit recently, and a lot of things are still the works, but I hope you haven't had too much trouble getting reacquainted.

Also, happy early birthday (may you have a full house and much food).

Hope to see you around!

P.S. It's 2:19 AM right now. *Salutes a fellow night-owl*
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

144 Reviews

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:34 pm
GoldenQuill says...

Don't know each other? Pfft, we'll soon fix that.

Hallo Payne! Thank you, I'm glad to be back. ^^
Do you know how to follow posts/find your profilio? Two things I can't seem to find anywhere...

Thanks for your early birthday wishes! And, if you're so convicted, perhaps you'd like to tell me a bit about yourself? :}

*salutes back*
formerly ZlyWilk

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:28 pm
Lauren2010 says...

GoldenQuill, YWS had to be put through a really quick renovation because the site kept crashing every single day for long periods of time. Right now, not everything is working quite yet. They're on their way, but portfolios aren't available just yet.

Here you can find a tentative schedule for when everything will be back to the site.

Rest assured everything will be back and working, it just may take some time. ;)

Also, welcome back! It's great to have you :)
Got YWS?

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:31 pm
Stori says...

Hello there, Quill. I think we've met once or twice, but at any rate, welcome back.

144 Reviews

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:41 pm
GoldenQuill says...

Oh, okay. That makes sense. Thank you Lauren.

Yes, Stori! We have definitely met. Thanks for welcoming me back, it's good to be back. :}
formerly ZlyWilk

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
— Steven Wright