z

Young Writers Society

Epic All Out Beyond Awesome Word WAR!!!

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:22 am
Paracosm says...

Alright guys! I got to talking about it in chat, and I wanted to see who all is interested in an all out, amazingly intense Word War! Get ready for ink-shed! (Unless you prefer typing, like most of modern society)

If you're interested post below. By saying you will do it, you agree that I will not be held liable for any of the following: Delirium, sleeping through next week, spelling and grammatical errors, plot tangents, rabies, clouded thoughts and strange visions, amnesia, loss of limb, and Antidisestablishmentariansim.

So just post a date that's good for you, we'll be using military time, since it's universal. Here's the Wikipedia of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_clock. So let's do this thing!
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 am
Jas says...

me!
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:53 pm
inkwell says...

What is a Word War? 0.o
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:12 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

A word war is writing as much of a story as you can in a set time period. Usually done in chat, with people then giving word counts and last lines. A primary source of NaNo word counts, from what I can gather.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:49 am
JabberHut says...

Maybe! Post a time, and I'll try to make it work. My schedule's so incredibly wonky and all over the place, it'd be hard to explain, especially with timezone confusion!
I make my own policies.

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:16 am
View Likes
Paracosm says...

Good point! I'm thinking we can start at twelve in morning, and end at twelve in the evening. I am in Central Time, here's a nice little time zone converter: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

The time doesn't matter for me, 12:00 CT is just a suggestion, it's whatever is convenient for everyone! Also, some discussion sprang up in chat about prizes, and I am for this.

I can't make any promises, but if I get to Books-A-Million before next week, I will get an Amazon gift card so I can order prizes for the winners. I'll also post a shout out thread in Randomosity, and whoever else wants to brag about you can as well!

If I don't get a gift card, I will do reviews for the winners. We all need a better reason than pride to stay up twelve hours!

So just throw out some suggestions about prizes. (My current budget is about $20.00, so let's keep it a bit cheap. :P) For now, let's make the date next Friday at 12:00 CT. If this doesn't work for you guys, say so, and we'll come to a time that works for us all!
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:27 pm
View Likes
Nyl says...

Homey, I talked to YWS members, and I guess there have been a huge conflict on our time sched. Brit people wish they could joined and said 12 hour is tough..lol..:D let's just talk when you are on! I suggest..that..The more the merrier..lol..ya know what i mean..i lup you homey!
"I'm writing the next big thing, aren't we all are?" Hei

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites