z

Young Writers Society

Epic All Out Beyond Awesome Word WAR!!!

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:22 am
Paracosm says...

Alright guys! I got to talking about it in chat, and I wanted to see who all is interested in an all out, amazingly intense Word War! Get ready for ink-shed! (Unless you prefer typing, like most of modern society)

If you're interested post below. By saying you will do it, you agree that I will not be held liable for any of the following: Delirium, sleeping through next week, spelling and grammatical errors, plot tangents, rabies, clouded thoughts and strange visions, amnesia, loss of limb, and Antidisestablishmentariansim.

So just post a date that's good for you, we'll be using military time, since it's universal. Here's the Wikipedia of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_clock. So let's do this thing!
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 am
Jas says...

me!
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:53 pm
inkwell says...

What is a Word War? 0.o
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:12 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

A word war is writing as much of a story as you can in a set time period. Usually done in chat, with people then giving word counts and last lines. A primary source of NaNo word counts, from what I can gather.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:49 am
JabberHut says...

Maybe! Post a time, and I'll try to make it work. My schedule's so incredibly wonky and all over the place, it'd be hard to explain, especially with timezone confusion!
I make my own policies.

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:16 am
View Likes
Paracosm says...

Good point! I'm thinking we can start at twelve in morning, and end at twelve in the evening. I am in Central Time, here's a nice little time zone converter: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

The time doesn't matter for me, 12:00 CT is just a suggestion, it's whatever is convenient for everyone! Also, some discussion sprang up in chat about prizes, and I am for this.

I can't make any promises, but if I get to Books-A-Million before next week, I will get an Amazon gift card so I can order prizes for the winners. I'll also post a shout out thread in Randomosity, and whoever else wants to brag about you can as well!

If I don't get a gift card, I will do reviews for the winners. We all need a better reason than pride to stay up twelve hours!

So just throw out some suggestions about prizes. (My current budget is about $20.00, so let's keep it a bit cheap. :P) For now, let's make the date next Friday at 12:00 CT. If this doesn't work for you guys, say so, and we'll come to a time that works for us all!
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:27 pm
View Likes
Nyl says...

Homey, I talked to YWS members, and I guess there have been a huge conflict on our time sched. Brit people wish they could joined and said 12 hour is tough..lol..:D let's just talk when you are on! I suggest..that..The more the merrier..lol..ya know what i mean..i lup you homey!
"I'm writing the next big thing, aren't we all are?" Hei

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg