1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:50 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Bump.

I am so glad that most of the links on this have expired xD
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:01 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

StellaThomas wrote:Bump.

I am so glad that most of the links on this have expired xD

OHGODDLORD THANK YOU FOR EXPIRY.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:46 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

This is how you know time is a Thing.

I actually GOT married xD I never saw this thread, sadly, so it would've been nice to look back HAD I posted because I'm a semi-masochist and I would've loved to cringe back at all my horrid ideas 8D

Dress!

Spoiler! :

Location!

Spoiler! :

I got married near my home in a city surrounded by forests at a venue that was homey, historical, and charming 8) It was October but the trees were still green, the weather nice and crisp, and we partied from late afternoon to midnight! ~

The crew!

Spoiler! :

The rings!

Spoiler! :

The decor!

Spoiler! :

A little bit of glitz because you cannot take-away the New-York out of the girl, you cannot take away my love for sparkles and glam ^_~

And a little bit of homey cabin woods because Husband and I have lived in these back woods for some 8 years now ^_~

The tables were all kind of midnight-vintage and I had a unique engagement photo on each table as table numbers, floating candles because romance and some 3D printed cinderlla-esque chandelier boxes- Idunno what to call them! They were cute.

Sadly I don't have any pictures of the venue party all at once :c

The guestbook was one I had to compromise. I had originally planned to have little polaroid-cameras on the table where people can snap pictures of themselves, print the polaroids right away and paste them onto the guestbook but time got the best of me, so we just went traditional.

Flowers!

I'm very happy with my flowers. After the wedding, we actually took these to my late-grandmother's tombstone and it was a rainy-emotional day but somehow also magical.

The cake!
Spoiler! :

It was a butterscotch cream with chocolate, red velvet and cinnamon-carrot layers ^^

The First Dance!
Spoiler! :

:,) man...I'm having teary eyes just remembering - it was an amazing memory.

I marched to What a Wonderful World and it was maybe just a little bit breathtaking.

Wouldn't change a thing!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:21 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I have a whole self insert fanfic re: wedding planning and if I ever get married that's going to be so bad to look at xD
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:03 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

@Audy omg everything is so, so, so beautiful. Also congratulations! You and your husband are absolutely glowing and aaaaah <3

Also your wedding colours are so like what I want! I want my bridesmaids in navy with contrasting flowers (though probably more pink and orange than yellow). I don't think our boys would pull off the beige though, cos they're all very Irish looking.

I just thought it was funny as at least three of then people who posted are engaged now and Snoink is actually married 0.o
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:54 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

@Audy - omg the both of you are absolutely beautiful, Odds. <3 Thank you for sharing those, because now I'm legit all smiling and d'aww at work. :) I love the decor and your cake, and everything in there. <3

I did find the cake I had linked to - and while I don't think I'd want those colours - I do like the structure of cake but Indian themed. :o

Spoiler! :
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:17 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Oh my goodness gracious.

Seriously though, Audy you looked absolutely gorgeous and your wedding looked amazing, wow!!! (Heart eyes here) <3 Thank you for posting those pictures :)

Fun fact: I started this thread a couple of months before I got together with my now-fiance ;) so there's one detail that's probably changed.

I'm kind of glad the links don't work anymore, but I would like to see what I planned to dress the bridesmaids in! But I remember the wedding dress: it was the Belle dress by Alfred Angelo if anyone wants to Google it. It's definitely not going to my be dress anymore though xD

Thank you Stella for resurrecting this...
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:48 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

Stella - omg! If anyone were to tell me years ago that I'd still be on this site and married, I would've been like ?_? what are you smoking? Haha, but that's why it's so cool to look back.

Also, navy looks good in ~everything~ so the pink/orange is going to be fun and popping!

Lava- :o That would be a gorgeous caaake! :3 I would travel for that cake <3

Dems - OMG! Your wedding has to seriously be a YWS most anticipated wedding :O Ahhhh! Belated congratulations!

This whole thing has gone full circle. Seriously seconded thanks for resurrecting this Stella ^__^

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:05 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Thank you so much Audy <3 <3 Also I've just seen the rest of the pictures - I was on my phone so I had missed the pictures that came after the first ones! The groomsmen look so great in the beige and I LOVE that you had round tables. I would really love round tables but many venues only have long ones or then you'd have to have much fewer people with round tables. Also I love that you took the flowers to your grandmother <3 your wedding colours are pretty much exactly what one of my friends is having: navy and beige! They're having a coastal inspired wedding because they love the sea and their venue is by the sea.

Yours look like you had a great party and all the details seem so well considered :) amazing! I bet your guests had a wonderful time.

I agree about the full circle! It's quite beautiful. :)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:01 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

First of all, @Audy that looks like it was a wonderful wedding! I remember you showing images of what you wanted for the groomsmen outfits and loving them, and stuff. C: Also I'm not a little (quite a lot) obsessed with Prince Royce. That song was so beautiful. His voice is like... what EVEN. <3

And second of all... I want to do this >.> Though I've never been someone to plan this- I don't know why. I imagine what my hubby's going to be like in the delivery room, but not this, apparently. SO:

The DRESS: I've never wanted to be married in white. So I would probably want some sort of green (in theory it sounds horrid, but green always goes with my hair and eyes and makes me look lovely) or maybe black. So maybe a shade of green like this (but not this style of dress)
Spoiler! :

And for the actual dress style, I'm not suuuure but while trying to look at the dress LadySpark linked, I stumbled upon this dress:
Spoiler! :
And I think it's lovely O>O and it almost makes me want to wear a white dress, lol.

Though, I'm really not someone that wants a big wedding or wants to spend a lot on a dress or whatever. And I'm not inviting a bunch of people simply because they're distantly related (I guess if I have to to keep them from feeling left out I would, but I would really rather just have family and close friends there.)

I'm not sure what else, actually :P Told you I'm bad at this!

OH but I do like the idea that they had in Friend's to have disposable cameras on the tables so the guests could take pictures and stuff and then leave the cameras on the table for us to develop and see what they captured c: similar to Audy's idea, too (which was also a really cool idea).
100% autistic

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:15 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

@Audy I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW U WERE ENGAGED LIKE ??????

OMG

ILYSM CONGRATULATIONS OMG OMG OMG YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND UR HUSBAND IS LOVELY AND I LOVE U SO MUCH THANK U FOR BEING BORN AND ENJOY YOUR HAPPINESS OK
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:31 pm
View Likes
Bellarke says...

- what will your wedding dress be?!?
This because it is so beautiful!!

Spoiler! :

- where will the wedding be held?!?
~In a mid-evil church

- what will the bridesmaids' dresses be?!?
~
Spoiler! :

- who are the bridesmaids?!?
~My best friends, Zeke (Bisexual guy friend), Rebecca, Sadie, and Gracie

- who's the maid of honour?!?
~ @269609

- what song will you walk down the aisle to?!?
~ Any normal song
- what will the cake be like?!?
~
Spoiler! :

- what is your ring like?!?
~
Spoiler! :

- what song will be your wedding waltz?!?
~Not Broken Yet by Andy Black and Juliet Simms
“Who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things.”

~Bellamy Blake

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:42 pm
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

Last edited by SnowGhost on Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just killing time until time kills me.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:27 pm
Brigadier says...

i would like to comment but it would take away any element of seriousness left in this thread, not that there was too much to begin with...

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:35 pm
SnowGhost says...

@LadyLizz Do it
Just killing time until time kills me.

But what about second breakfast?
— Peregrin Took