Young Writers Society

Plan Your Wedding!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:58 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Right, I realise there will probably be more girls here, but so what.

Obviously, you have already planned every single tiny detail of your wedding, like:

- what will your wedding dress be?!?
- where will the wedding be held?!?
- what will the bridesmaids' dresses be?!?
- who are the bridesmaids?!?
- who's the maid of honour?!?
- what song will you walk down the aisle to?!?
- what will the cake be like?!?
- what is your ring like?!?
- what song will be your wedding waltz?!?

Tell us.

This is my wedding dress. I can't wait to wear it.

>.>

It's only, like, a bit over a thousand euros. Totally affordable.

My bridesmaids will wear this.

I think I want to walk down the aisle to either this ("Wedding Processional" from the Sound of Music) or this ("The Battle" from Narnia - but only like, the first couple of minutes xD).

Yes. I haven't decided on the other details yet. Though I'd really like the wedding to be in a castle. Or a wiley, windy moor. Or a rose garden. But maybe it could be a castle that would have a rose garden and be on a wiley, windy moor.

Now it's your turn.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 am
Lavvie says...

Will totally do this tonight.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:08 am
wonderland says...

I want, firstly, to elope.
- what will your wedding dress be?!?
My dress will maybe be like. Strapless, plain and simple
- where will the wedding be held?!?
Either in a country abroad or in one of those offices
- what will the bridesmaids' dresses be?!?
No bridesmaid dresses!
- who are the bridesmaids?!?
No bridesmaid!
- who's the maid of honour?!?
No maid of honour
- what song will you walk down the aisle to?!?
Patrick Stump's 'Love Selfish Love'
- what will the cake be like?!?
There will be no cake!
- what is your ring like?!?
Like. Totally simple band with one diamond?

(I promise, I'll come back once I have my Alice in Wonderland wedding planned)
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:06 am
Lauren2010 says...

Ahhhh this is amazing! (Demi can I come to your wedding in the castle with the rose garden on the wiley, windy moor? :D)

My dress will probably be something like this (in red), although I'm not sure. I just know I'd look silly in a big poofy dress, and would probably trip all over myself.

Depending on when I get married, by groom will either be in
this (he's the handsome one on the right ;) ) or possibly the typical spiffy tux.

If the boy's in his blues, the bridesmaids will probably wear something like this. And if he's in a tux, well they'll probably wear something to reflect whatever colors I eventually decide on to theme the wedding around (I'm too indecisive at the moment xD). The bridesmaids will be my three best friends (maid of honor being one of them that's like my sister <3) and the boy's sister, plus maybe another if I have a friend that close at the time I get married.

I have no idea what I will walk down the aisle to. Probably something traditional?

The cake, I'm not sure. I might do a small cake for the cake cutting bit of the reception, but have yummy fun flavored cupcakes for the masses.

Aanndd I'm going to dance to this for my first dance with my husband. <3
Got YWS?

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:07 am
LadySpark says...

My wedding... Heehee

My wedding dress will be something completly original and totally me, like this one For some reason, this really appealed to me.... XD Or, if I'm going for another look this Cinderella Gown AND OH OH THIS ONE REAL Cinderella dress heehee, especially if I get married in Cinderella's castle.

My Bridesmaids will wearing something like this, In a lavender. (closest is Freesia- My Bridesmaids will be my friends Bella, Sammy and Lovegood. Also Tacks wants to be in my wedding. (Sakuragirl1)

My maid of honor (who is going to be my baby sister) will be in this

The cake will be a castle Complete with clock and everything.
The wedding will be held at Cinderella's castle. Duh.

The Flower Girl's dress Will be like this, only slightly more off white with either a silver or lavender sash.

Ah, the colors are lavender, silver and off white. :)

The groom will of course be in a tux, unless I marry someone from the military etc. etc. then he will be in uniform...
Um.... I think that's it. I have a lot more like shoes and stuff.
Ah yes my shoes
Even though they won't match AT ALL I have to have ruby slippers. Maybe I'll have silver Oz shoes Just to go along with the theme. *shrugs*

Oh yes! My wedding song. It's either going to be In my life- by the Beatles Which, happened to be my parents first song.
or I will always return- The Spirit Soundtrack or I would TOTALLY do this- only better. >.>

Anyway, that's a little part of my wedding.
Last edited by LadySpark on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:21 am
Attolia says...

Ooooooohhhh fun topic. Hehe, yay.

I actually haven't thought much about my actual wedding, but I have envisioned types of dresses because I have a thing for aesthetics and because I like to watch Say Yes to the Dress with one of my friends.

Dress I would want something to the tune of this:
http://www.henryroth.com/our-gowns/wedd ... elsey.html

Although I also love love love this, if it were more white:
http://bridalgowns.weddingmost.com/step ... gown-13107

Bridesmaids would be in something simple, like this:
http://shop.bridalsbylori.com/WA6215-P572.aspx
(^not my absolute favorite but just something to the tune of that)

And then I've thought about a little about bridesmaids too (maid of honor will be sister), that's a tough one. There's three girls I'd each call my best friend now, so definitely them three if we're still close. So that's four, but then husband's possible sister would make five... tough because you want to have an even number for symmetry. I'll probably have six; the four I'm thinking of now (though those could change, I suppose) and two variables.

Question: when do you guys see yourself getting married? I can't see myself doing it for a longgg time, but then you also always kinda wanna do it before thirty... so I guess around then, probably late twenties.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:03 am
Mikko says...

I really should have seen this coming.

*edit*
Who's wedding is it? Mickey's ;D

Well, I guess to start, you really need someone to marry first. We all know I'm getting married to him (It's your wife, baby xD) He's sooo talking about me.

Right so I want my wedding to be flowery with a really really light shade of pink. I used to want blue and white for my wedding but changed when I found that perfect dress.

I love Vera Wang, she inspires me to get married right now. Her dresses are so beautiful!

Wedding gown.

Bridesmaid dress.

Bridesmaids: Uuuuh, my little sister will definately be in there but I still need to think about the ohers...

Maid of honour: My other little sister (the one right after me).

Flower girl dress. Flower girl ;)

Aisle song: Haven't found one yet. Probably the traditional Wedding March or something from Swan Lake.

Cake (it matches my dress and the theme :3) Of course there will be other cakes but this is THE wedding cake ;)

Wedding ring. <33

When I crash Spark's wedding, I want this to play in the background and then we have a really big wedding party together =D

And this totally has to play at my wedding. As for a waltz, I'm going to have to consult HIM because I haven't thought of that either. Maybe it will be 'our' song.

I think that's it. And my groom agrees. 8)
Last edited by Mikko on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:09 am
Taxi says...

Okay, I know for sure that there will be a bride, and a groom, and probably some other people and a pastor. And uh, there might be... a cake and stuff.

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:29 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

Ahem.

Well, I would likethis to be my suit. Or maybe even this one. But I may just lean more towards this one.

The bride shall wear whatever she fancies. I wouldn't want to meddle with her stuff. If I did, I might just end up in a divorce soon after.

The cake shall look like this

And this shall be the look on everyone's faces after they see my potential wedding suit. ^.^

So, yeah. *adjusts cape*
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:56 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Mikko wrote:When I crash Spark's wedding, I want this to play in the background and then we have a really big wedding party together =D

And this totally has to play at my wedding. As for a waltz, I'm going to have to consult HIM because I haven't thought of that either. Maybe it will be 'our' song.

YUSS.

And you're so going to be invited. Unless you really really wanna gate crash just for that song to play. :P

Oh, and Murty, you wear a batman suit and take lots of pictures, kay?
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:17 pm
Lava says...

Oh Demettee! Why am I not surprised?

Well, I'm not a Christian, and traditional Hindu weddings will be followed at my place.
But oh god. (MY) wedding scares me. It's more of *when* I want rather than how. *shudders*

CAKE :

But yeah, I would love a cake for my wedding-reception. And since I should be allowed to go crazy with the design, I'd like THIS:
Spoiler! :

with a COLOUR SCHEME:
Spoiler! :

since I'm most likely going for a matte-gold ghagra for my reception dress.

I find this a funny symbolic representation of Hindu tradition.

THE DRESS :

I'm not sure of what I'll go for in the sari for the wedding. Something, with not too much gold-threadwork. I'd prefer embroidery and stones and minimal jewellery.

Reception : THIS:
Spoiler! :
with red tones/highlights. (Although, I do plan on covering my navel :P ) And the choli (veil-like thing), with heavy detailing like this:
Spoiler! :

AND. I will most definitely not be wearing such stupid expressions on my face. >.>;

(The cocktail dinner/party - a dress. Purple, perhaps - The separate party for the friends stuff! lol!)

And besides that, did I mention I'm scared of getting married? :?
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:16 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

Dude. I'll be marrying Jude Law or Misha Collins or a beautiful hybrid of both, so everything else just pales into significance.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:57 pm
wonderland says...

I may or may not have spent a long time today planning out this exact wedding to the T, people.

So, This whole wedding is Wonderland themed. I love Alice in Wonderland. It's uncontainable. Just look at my user, ahah

So, firstly, my dress. I'm not truly into the white thing,but I found this one super pretty.

Also, I'll pull my hair back into a bun, and instead of a veil, I'll rock this sweet, perfect thing

Hopefully, I'll wrangle my boy into a tux or something classy. With a bowtie, ahah

My bridesmaids will wear something like This dress here (Actually, this looks a lot like my grad dress) My bridesmaids being. I don't know. Hopefully I meet a couple awesome girls in college.

I want my venue to be a large, open field were we can set up tables and it's like when Alice stumbles upon the tea party.

My cake. Ohh, my cake..

The song I want playing while I walk down the isle is Panic! At The Disco and fun.-C'mon

The song I want for our first dance is Painting Flowers-All Time Low (My favorite song off the album, ahaha

Finally, my ring This. Exactly. This.

So, yeah.
Thats my wedding.
I hope it happens.
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:45 pm
Demeter says...

Oh! I meant to ask: how do people feel about veils?
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:56 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

... So.

If I was getting married, I'd want to get married in something like this:

Spoiler! :

Perhaps not exactly, but I want a full, long skirt with a train like this one, and a cinched in waist, and lots of detail. And a beautiful back. Look at the back on that dress! It's magnificent!

For bridesmaids, I'd want their dress to echo mine- so if mine was strapless, I'd want theirs to be strapless, if mine is full length I'd want theirs to be full length etc. And I want them dressed in TARDIS blue, which is my favourite colour. So, my bridesmaids would probably end up wearing something like this:

Spoiler! :

As for who my bridesmaids will be, I don't know, because by that time my closest friends could have changed entirely and I don't have any sisters. But I think I'd like four bridesmaids or so. Four seems a nice number.

What will I walk down the aisle to? Probably Pachelbel's Canon, because I'm a traditionalist like that.

I'll get married in a church. There's not really much question about it xD I don't know where I'll have the reception though. It'd be lovely to have a summer wedding with the reception in marquees in a garden. I'd like that much more than having it in a hotel reception room or something.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Just because you don't feel like a hero in your own story, doesn't mean you're not a hero in someone else's.
— Tenyo