Films That Make You Cry

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:05 am
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

Spoiler! :

One of the two movies that made me cry. D':

SparkOfDoubt wrote:Harry Potter 7 Part 2 (Snape D: LUPIN AND TONKS. That's worse. FRED AND GEORGE. that's even WORSE. Snape's memories-- okay i'll stop now.)

AND DOBBY. HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE LITTLE GUY? Even though he died in the first part, but STILL. DOBBY. DDDDDDD:
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:48 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

In all seriousness, the movie The Diving Bell and the Butterfly makes me cry from the deepest depths of my soul.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Reviews: 4
Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:01 pm
View Likes
crmcgill says...

Maybe I'm the only person who has seen this movie, but Newsies makes me cry all the time!
Spoiler! :
How Could they beat up these guys? Especially Crutchy! Image Image Image

Also The Lion King, The Titanic, and Schindler's List. But the one that makes me cry the most is Remember the Titans.
Open the gates and seize the day! Don't be afraid and don't delay.

To die would be an awfully big adventure.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Just call me Gill!

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:40 pm
View Likes
PatriciaTina says...

Hmm, not sure if anyone's mentioned this one but "Life is Beautiful" is one movie that I can't help but cry when watching... :'(
~ Patricia Tina :smt006

Don't look in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

"I always hear punch me in the face when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."
~ Dr. John Watson

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:43 am
View Likes
alwaysawriter says...

Gretal. It was some indie movie but I cried numerous times during it. I'm sure they are others but it was the first one to come to mind.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:00 am
View Likes
Nargles says...

Harry Potter 7 part 2
UP
War Horse
Bridge to Terrabithia
Marley and Me

Any movie where people/animals die really. I am such a woss!
Don't let the Nargles bite.
And don't let a dementor kiss you good night.

It's a charm actually. It keeps away the Nargles- Luna

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:24 am
View Likes
SirTobes says...

woss?
:P
LOL.
Anyway,
War Horse
Red Dog: Seriously crying to death.
I can't think right now....Lemme go watch a movie.
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

556 Reviews

Reviews: 556
Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:39 am
View Likes
ziggiefred says...

I have a long list, but Pearl Habour and The Pianist are at the top of that list.
The best is what you make it!

...eh, need a review? Click me!

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:50 pm
View Likes
writerwithacause says...

thechocolatewritingcat wrote:Hmm, not sure if anyone's mentioned this one but "Life is Beautiful" is one movie that I can't help but cry when watching... :'(

You mean La Vita E Bella (the Italian one)? Cause that was a wonderful movie, very, very, sad.

Other movies that made me cry... Hm, I remember having cried while watching Finding Neverland, Dead Poets Society, Scent of a Woman (the final discourse was impressive), The Fountain...

Though there are many movies that impressed me, I am sure of it... I'm sorry I can't remember now.

Recently I cried at the end of the movie Amazing Grace and at the end of the movie Hornblower: Retribution (that was an amazing series of movies, you should check them out).

Tears are -- for me at least -- the sign that the movie was really good. If I don't cry of happiness, sadness, anything, then something must be wrong. :)

Oh, and A Beautiful Mind -- an excellent movie!
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:32 am
View Likes
TheRobster1991 says...

The only film that's ever done that: Mars Needs Mom. If you've seen it, the bit near the end. But no one saw me cry. Like a guy, I covered it up

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:57 am
View Likes
inkwell says...

writerwithacause wrote:Tears are -- for me at least -- the sign that the movie was really good. If I don't cry of happiness, sadness, anything, then something must be wrong. :)

Good point, I probably should have made that clear. Movies that make us cry aren't necessarily sad movies.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." β€” Einstein

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:33 am
View Likes
fireheartedkaratepup says...

Black Beauty.

What with all the Disney/animal lovers on here, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned already. :P If I were to watch it right now (and I've seen it a hundred times), I'd probably cry again.

Also, Lassie. This one.

Edit: also the other movies. And I just rewatched it--made me cry even more, because the ending still gets me, and I understand more of the dynamics of Jim's mother's death now. *bawls*

And Homeward Bound/The Incredible Journey.

And Up makes everyone cry, it doesn't count anymore. D;<

Good mentions so far.
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

Reviews: 1
Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:44 pm
View Likes
SunshineandCarnage says...

The Pianist is one of the best movies ever!!
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:17 pm
Ephemeral says...

The Lion King makes me sob, I swear.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone(pure nostalgia), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Parts 1 and 2.
(The books were better, though. They always are...)
Fox and the Hound brings tears to my eyes, every single time. I didn't work up the courage to watch it in full until I was 8.
Marley & Me reduced my whole family to tears...
Hmm... What else?

Books generally make me cry more. Every single one of my favourite books have managed to make me cry.
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but, actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff."
-The Doctor

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:47 am
murtuza says...

Sweet November. Such a beautiful movie. *sniffs*

EDIT: ALSO. Kal Ho Na Ho and Black. Both movies are in Hindi. Lots of tears to be shed while watching those.
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins