z

Young Writers Society

Mood Music?

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:33 pm
View Likes
Misty says...

Does anyone here use music to get them into the writing mood? I do sometimes. I know what songs trigger my writing impulses. For instance, A** like that always makes me want to write (by Eminem, and if you say he's evil and nasty I totally agree, but I like him anyway) And uh, that new Hilary Duff song Weird gets me into the writing mood, too. I also listen to Relient K, or Switchfoot if I want to get into my writing zone. Stuff like the Star Wars theme song gets me into fantasy writing, because it has everything-action, adventure, fighting, romance, betrayl, all of that, in one super long song. What do you guys do to get into your writing?

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:19 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

You like Relient K?? Awesome! What do you think of their new CD? I think it's alright.. I think I like the others better though.

*ahem* Sorry. I use classical music to get me in the mood to write. And Phantom of the Opera. :P
Love and Light

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:28 am
View Likes
Galatea says...

mmmmm.....jazz......
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:34 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

oh, jazz... i'll go phanton, or some sort of classical music if i'm listening to anything, and some soundtracks. it depends on what i'm writing.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:20 am
View Likes
Sam says...

Greenday...he he, Misty. :D Blink 182 or that one song 'Breathe' also get me too...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:01 am
Misty says...

yeah their new one isn't all that grea.t I was disappointed. a lil bit. Like song #2, #7 though

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:59 am
Bobo says...

As long as the people can actually SING and PLAY (whether it be guitar, piano, or whatever), and it's not like a big string of swearing or whatever, just about any kind of music can get me into a writing mood. Except country. I can't stand the accent and the sound. I don't know why, but it just gets on my nerves. My favorites, however, are Alternative Rock.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:12 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

WOW! Other people besides me who have actually heard of Relient K! Right On!
Well, when I want to feel in a real sentinimental writing mood, I turn on the following songs:
1. Say Won't You Say by Jennifer Knapp
2. I Will Hold My Head High by Third Day
3. The Way I Am by Jennifer Knapp
4. Circle by Plus One
5. Forever by Plus One
6. On Fire by Switchfoot
When I feel like being encouraged, I listened to:
1. Let it Be by the Beatles
2. I Hope You Dance by Leann Womack
3. That Clay Aiken song talking about "I Will Carry You"
4. The Red by Chevelle (Don't ask me why)
5. Somebody Told ME by the Killers (Again, don't ask me why)
And when I want to feel terribly romantic, I listen to:
1. True by Ryan Cabrera
2. Sunday Morning by Maroon 5*
3. Mr Brightside by The Killers
* I can't always listen to this, because it's Maroon 5 and anything Maroon 5 brings back endless memories of Travis, so, unless I feel like breaking down, I can't listen to it.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:27 am
IceCreamMan says...

no, actually music doesn't inspire me to write. It inspires me to pick up my guitar and not put it down for the next week or so. The music that inspires me to do this most is mostly Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, and Van Halen (wow Its like whenever I post im just advertisment,lol). Even more powerful than studio albums are live albums, especially the absolutely fabulous How The West Was Won, live in 72' by Led Zeppelin. Its absolutely beautiful guitar work by Jimmy Page. He's such an awsome stage guitarist and improvist, its no wonder they had such a following in their time. The only music I can think of that would possibly make me want to write would be Black Sabbath (for those of you who don't know much about music this was Ozzy's old band when he had the guitarist Tony Iommi playing for him) because they remind me of horror stories. :twisted:

Sorry for blabbling on an on about my favorite bands, i can't help but love great music.
Clementine: This is it, Joel. It’s going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.”
-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-

594 Reviews

Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:59 pm
View Likes
Crysi says...

CarsandGuitars77 wrote:WOW! Other people besides me who have actually heard of Relient K! Right On!

:D

3. That Clay Aiken song talking about "I Will Carry You"

YES!! I love that song!! My favorite one is "Shine" though.. But both of those are really encouraging. Helped me out of some tough times. :)
Love and Light

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:47 am
View Likes
Sam says...

CAG! i love the killers! of course, nobody I know has ever heard of them because they 'don't play it '. They don't play it on the evil all-popular rap station that everyone except for me listnes to, anywat,
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:01 am
View Likes
Wulie says...

I love the killers have done for yonkies!!! I listen to music when I write, most my music has a meaning to my so it brings back memries for me to write on however not always a good thing *sighs*
muchous love wu x
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:03 pm
View Likes
Nai says...

All i'll listen to, and it's usually at home at my desk is classical.
And i'll listen to any artist basically... Beethoven...Mozart...Bach...anything. With particular songs I listen to: I switch off between radio and cd; I have a cd of different songs I like. A couple of the ones on there are Fur Elise by Beethoven and O Fortuna by i'm not sure who.

594 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:34 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

YAY! Finally, a guy who listens to classical music.. :roll:
Love and Light

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:44 pm
View Likes
scissorquiz says...

ugh. relient k are terrible.

anyway, you people really need to listen to something like godspeed you! black emperor or a silver mt. zion. or maybe the one a.m. radio.

We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.
— Dietrich Bonhoeffer