z

Young Writers Society

What do you think of YWS's new look?

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:04 pm
AngelKnight900 says...

It's new and I'm still trying to get used to it. I'm still somehow confused on how to use it because I haven't been on here for so long but it's all cool. I'll get the hang of it I suppose. But I want to know how I can see profile or check on my portfolio and whatever. Yeah, this is going to take time to get used to. So fellow YWSers, what do you think?
True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know your are great, you have no need to hate.
-Nicki Minaj

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:07 pm
Rosendorn says...

To get to your profile, click on your name at the top of every post you make, or click the arrow at the very top of every window to get that option! :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:22 pm
lilymoore says...

I love it. Something about the new look is far cleaner, even more so then I was expecting. Right now, it's just the bare minimum but I'm really excited to see what Nate's going to do with all of the extra space on the right. :D
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:50 am
Lava says...

The biggest thing for me is how less-taxing it is while viewing from my phone.
Thanks, Nate!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:06 am
Masquerade says...

I'm not sure what I think yet. When I first opened yws my initial reaction was a sort of "what the..." I think I'll reserve judgement until Nate finishes everything, but this is definitely going to take some getting used to.
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:53 am
Lavvie says...

I find it much more user-friendly. On a laptop with an itsy-bitsy screen, it was challenging for me on the other website to keep everything in focus. I actually had to minimize zoom to 83% from 100% just so I didn't have double scrolling and huge text. It was nice, but sometimes a little annoying. I really like the fact, then, that I can use this site at 100% and it's easy and simple to move around.

I'm so looking forward to the other upcoming additions! :D

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:05 am
Sunshine says...

I honestly don't like it very much- I thought it was perfect the way it was! (Minus the crashes.) Although I appreciate that this one is much easier to see on my Ipod touch, the other one had a more.... writer-y feel. This one reminds me of Facebook. :( Sorry to be negative. Maybe it'll look nicer all shined up?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:01 am
Fishr says...

Um. Where are our blogs?
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:04 am
Lavvie says...

Fishr, this explains all.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:09 am
Fishr says...

Yay! Thanks for the link. Still getting used to the place.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:01 am
stargazer9927 says...

I'll be honest, I don't like it. It's just too simple. Maybe I'll like it more when everything comes back, but for now I feel like I'm on a completely different site than before. I have a hard time accepting change, but in time I always end up dealing with it, so perhaps I just need a little time.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:06 pm
JabberHut says...

I like it! I really, really like it. In fact, it brings me back to old old YWS when all I cared about was reading and reviewing in the first place. It was simple, I knew where to go, and it wasn't a social experience every time I signed on. I actually got to work on things, which I miss entirely. It feels more writerly now, in my opinion. :)

That said, I still look forward to how Nate spiffs up the place. It's not done yet, so I'll just have to wait and see! In the meantime, I've been reading a whole lot more now. It's really lovely! Less distractions!
I make my own policies.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:39 pm
Incognito says...

I agree with Jabbs when it says that it reminds me of the old old YWS with how the forums are right now. But that's going to be altered eventually.

I would say, at this moment, I don't really like it. But then again, I also didn't like the other YWS change in the beginning. You just gotta adjust I guess. Shortly I know, we are all gonna love it. Nate knows what he is doing.
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain