z

Young Writers Society

So what did you receive this holiday season?

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:02 pm
lilymoore says...

Whether you celebrate Christmas‎, Hanukkah‎, Kwanzaa‎, or some other holiday, winter is the season of sharing. So why not share what you received this holiday season?

Usually, I only ever get about 50 dollars because, well, according to my parents, I'm really hard to shop for. But this year, I got a 22 inch television for my dorm room. My dad said it was time to get rid of the 30 year old tube t.v. I've been attempting to play Skyrim on. When I called my roommate to let her know, she squealed for a good three straight minutes. Watching Adventure Time will be far more fun apparently.

Anyways, who else wants to share?
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:53 am
View Likes
Lava says...

Sister! So awesome! *hugs* Merry Christmas everyone!

Yesterday was kindof really awful, with so many things happening in succession, but on top of all this, there is one good thing: Uncle's acceptance has increased and we talk a lot. <3
Season special/Christmas gift indeed.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:43 pm
Lavvie says...

It was a lovely Christmas! I was given a really nice silk scarf on which poems from Emily Dickinson are printed as well as a really snazzy pair of arm-warmers. However, the highlight was probably a large book of all the most famous authors with photos in black and white and their thoughts on writing etc. It's beautiful, really.

Merry Christmas!

Edit: And I forgot to mention my two oh-so-amazing brand new suitcases. They're headed for Germany in March!
Last edited by Lavvie on Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:17 pm
RileyStone says...

Christmas has been pretty good besides the fact my sister woke up everyone in the house before 6 o'clock. Best gift was a digital camera with a screen in the front. :) But I also got a tshirt with a mini keyboard on it that actually works. Pretty awesome if you ask me!
Who do I belong to?
Not earth, not world
Not evil, not
mortals
Not wretches, not horrors

-- Project 86

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:21 pm
Rydia says...

I got to spend time with my full family :) This was really nice as my sister is working full time down in Reading now so we rarely get to see her, booo!

As for material gifts, I got this really cute notebook with a picture of a typewriter on, I got a printer, scanner, copier all in one machine thing, two expansion packs for my Settlers of Catan board-game and one upgrade (soooo much love), some films, a really pretty necklace, this awesome globe ornament thing from one of my friends that's just sooo cute. It even merits a place on the desk as opposed to my cluttered bookshelves. Uh, some ps2 games, a mobile, some cool leg warmers and general bath stuff and those sort of things.

Oh and apparently everyone thinks I need a boyfriend because both my sister and one of my friends bought me 'build the perfect boyfriend' kits O.o One was a knit your own boyfriend and the other was sculpt the perfect boyfriend. I'm going to make them both and sit them side by side on my desk... or maybe the romance section of my bookshelf?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:10 pm
Meshugenah says...

I got some good goodies! Slippers, a cute scarf, and a bowl and mug set is part of a larger one - I have it in purple, and now I have it in green!

My aunt and uncle already left, grandparents are still here and will be for dinner.

Best gift so far, though? Brother's gf got us Apples to Apples!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:56 pm
BigBadBear says...

So, I really had no idea what expect cause I only mentioned one or two things I wanted. But I got this Nook Color!! And it's super awesome. I do however feel like I'm typing at the speed of a turtle.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:12 am
StellaThomas says...

I got a set of new make-up brushes which I really wanted from my parents as well as a lot of socks which, despite being the generic Christmas present, I was really grateful for (after spending fourteen years in knee-high school socks and barefoot summers, I've been sadly lacking them this past semester!) My brother gave me some great recipe books full of baking ideas, and my mum gave me a book on Forties Fashion (I love the forties, I think the clothes are always overlooked in favour of the Fifties). Also got a book off my grandparents about paramedics which was a surprisingly appropriate gift for them! Got lots of nice bath and shower things and a pair of super-soft fleecy pyjamas which I'm wearing right now :)

Heather- "Build Your Own Boyfriend"? Maybe I should invest. And Lavvie- that scarf sounds beautiful.

I'm glad everyone's Christmases were happy!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 am
Ranger Hawk says...

An ice scraper. I kid you not. Let's just say, you never know what to expect from my grandma. XD
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 am
Twit says...

Build Your Own Boyfriend. XD

Kitty wrote:One was a knit your own boyfriend and the other was sculpt the perfect boyfriend.

So you can choose between soft and sensitive or tough and sculpted. ^_^
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:07 pm
AquaMarine says...

I received two books on China - one ecological, another looking at the lives of factory workers. Another book was one written by someone who was a journalist in the Middle East during many of the recent conflicts. Oh, and the new Sherlock Holmes book and one of the Sandman graphic novels! :)
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:36 pm
Justagirl says...

I got THIS Image
Yes, you should be jealous ;)
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:08 pm
tinny says...

Paco Rabanne's Lady Million. I am a little bit obsessed when it comes to fragrance, I put it on first thing in the morning, and last thing at night. I like smelling nice, okay?

Also, a brand new and shiny red 3DS, dubbed Stanley II (my red DS lite was named Stanley...) If anyone else has one you should let me know so we can swap friend-codes. Swapnote/Letter Box is an insane amount of fun. INSANE.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:59 pm
kjr5horses says...

I got tack for my horses, candy, money, gift cards, a portable iHome and....who knows what I'll get next. We have more family coming tonight and tomorrow :)
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:40 am
stargazer9927 says...

I am so jealous of the ducktape :P

I got an iPod Touch (I went on YWS for the first time with a small screen, and it was awesome), French nail polish, an awesome scarf, a bunch of chocolate and gum, and a huge box of Mike and Ike's. The Mike and Ike's were the best by far :)
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

I’ll marry the finest banana in the galaxy for you.
— Tuckster